8

Troy pov.

I heaved a deep breath looking at Anthony who was pushing his food around the plate not trying to even pretend to eat. I didn't want to force him to. instead, I watched him in the corner of my eyes carefully trying to figure him out while I devour the food coz damn I was hungry.

My mouth opened and closed wanting to scold him for not eating but I'm the one who invaded his house. However, he needs to eat so that his body can function well. The boy was so tiny you could see his bones through the big clothes he puts on. I don't know why I care but I feel like I should care for him. I know I'm being ridiculous cause I just met him just a few hours ago but my mind and heart can't seem to forget him.

I want to protect him. "Anthony..." I call softly trying to not startle him but I think I did a bad job there coz he almost jumped out of his seat putting his wide gaze on me. I put a comforting hand on top of his trying to calm him down and I didn't miss the way he trembled under my palm.

"Huh Yes, sir" he stammered looking down at his plate with blank eyes. He looks so broken and fragile, whoever broke him did a very good job. His mind seems to be far away, if I could I would have entered his mind to listen to what he was thinking about.

I smile at him trying to show him that I came in peace. I couldn't get him out of my head since yesterday. When I went to his workplace, Artwood told me that he asked for another day off. I couldn't take another day without knowing how he was, I was worried. I asked Artwood for his home address and let me tell you, it wasn't easy at all.

Artwood was a professional who didn't just give out his employee's details even tho I'm the alpha that didn't work on her. I had to promise things I have never promised anyone. I can't believe I went through that for an address matter of fact, to see someone who I have just met not even 24 hours had passed, and the fact that he was just a mere human or better say, whatever he was. I'm will find out soon.

I squeeze Anthony's trembling hand softly "Why don't you try and eat some food" I smile at him. He looked down at his plate which was still full. His eyes widened as if he just realized that he hadn't touched his food. I shook my head at how cute that was.

"Y-y-yeah S-sorry" he whispers under his breath but I heard him perfectly due to my hearing ability. He pokes a fork into his meat adding some rice bringing it to his lips and chewed softly. I could see the distaste on his face but he managed to swallow it down. He picks up a glass of water and takes a small sip before placing it down. I was following every movement and couldn't believe I was enjoying seeing him like this.

He forks another piece of meat and I didn't miss the way he closed his eyes as if in pain but he forced it into his parted lips chewing forcibly "Are you allergic to meat or something I bought" I asked to be sure. I don't want him to eat what he doesn't want.

Anthony looks at me with wide eyes stuttering "N-no a-sir" he looks down at his hands. His heart was beating fast but again slow if it even makes sense. It was like it was dying and again it was alive. This was confusing. I thought my hearing was bad the first time I heard it but the second time, I'm never wrong. There is something wrong with this boy.

I smell something bad on him and at first, I thought he was a vampire but I'm sure he wasn't. He has a beating heart. "Call me Troy" I take a deep breath glancing at him "Why are you eating as if it disgusts you then," I ask softly my eyes on him to catch his reaction. He put his hand on his mouth as he started biting his nails. I have seen that this was a habit of his and it was the same habit as... I shook my head to dismiss those thoughts. This is not him, get it through your head.

"I-i..." his mouth was in a tight hold.

"You don't like the food I bought," I ask to make it easier for him. He was about to say something when he jumped out of his seat and ran towards the sink and threw up. I watched his back with furrowed brows. What was wrong with him? It took him like two minutes as he threw up everything that he had eaten, he cleaned his mouth with a paper towel and opened the down cabinet to throw the used tissue inside and that's when I smelt blood coming out.