19

Anthony

Since it was a Saturday and I had nothing better to do, I decided to turn my apartment upside down. I have made myself busy since morning cleaning every nook and cranny of this apartment trying to get it uncluttered. I have never thought about cleaning ever since Zach moved out and that's four years ago when he got married but since someone said that my house smelt bad or better say death, it has been on my mind ever since.

Today I woke up in good spirits, I don't know why I'm powerful but I am. It was 2 pm when I looked around and everything looked squeak clean. I even bought an air fresher and sprayed it around the house and it smelt amazing.

I smiled looking around at my good work. I don't even remember the last time I did this. I went to my bathroom, had a quick shower, and put on my old sweatpants and a long-sleeved shirt. I didn't bother combing my hair or even drying it. I rarely do things like that and since I'm planning to stay in, I plan to be a lazy dog.

I walk to my kitchen pull out a pan and pour some water and placed it on the gas cooker. After being cooked, I threw in some noodles and waited for a few minutes for it to be cooked. I put the cooked noodles on my plate getting disgusted by the smell but I have to eat something. I need to force myself to eat more. I pull out my ketchup smearing it around. I drew a bear on top of it. I went to sit in the living room. I contemplated which movie I should watch this time. I wasn't a person to watch tv but today I have to do things out of my liking. I decided to watch an action movie.

I normally don't like those but it's not bad to try, I'm trying to do new things. It might be good. I sat back as the movie started to play and true it was enjoyable and captivating but the violence was too much it made me gag seeing all that blood but I was happy I finished it.

I cleaned my plate and drank a full bottle of water feeling full. I rubbed my tummy praying to God that I don't throw up. I put some music on to destruct me and hope for this food to digest. Or I should do some yoga, I thought but that wasn't a good thing now. I might end up throwing up.

I walked to what used to be Zach's room and pulled out a messy box that was placed in the corner of the room. I carried it downstairs placing it in the middle of the carpet in the living room. I sat down and started to place everything out.

I first admired my inventions smiling softly at how good my toys looked before starting to fiddle with building the new toy car.

This was my dream since I was younger. I wanted to be an inventor but we can never predict the future.

I have so many ideas in my small head but due to my incompetence and lack of capital, I can't fulfill my dream.  All my ideas just stay in my head or if I can, I go to the supermarket and buy some cheap materials and make myself busy like I was doing right now. I had a dream when I invented something no one had ever seen on this earth.

Something so different. Like, a car which tells you what danger you're approaching or when it shows you what is in front of you and it can stop when danger approaches and with this kind of car, accidents can be decreased.

It would be brilliant really.

I sighed as I started making my voice hum to the song on the radio. What if this kind of van has something like a parachute, if danger approaches you, the seat moves on its own and becomes a parachute and flies you out. That would be so cool. I pulled out a paper and a pen as I started listing down the things it would need to be complete. I can start with making it as a toy car.

Not that it will come true.

Yes, I should go to the supermarket and buy some spares.

"Oh, Anthony you're a genius," I say to myself squealing as I rush upstairs to put on and cover my neck. Before I could fuinsh putting on someone knocked on the door. I wondered who it was with a pout. I pull on my neck pull long-sleeved shirt and leave the sweatpants on lugging downstairs to see who it was. If it's Zach I'm going to scold him, he has the fucken Key but he knocks saying that he wants to give me privacy.