Chapter Thirteen

(*Two hours later...everyone is eating dinner at the kitchen table...*)

Vixen91: Peter, I'm really sorry about what happened. I shouldn't have brought my cat over here for you to babysit as a dare.

Peter: No, you didn't do anything wrong, kid. It's all good. I'm used to being around cats. 😺

Me: That cat of yours really got on my nerves earlier today. He tried to get Cinnamon pregnant by doing what male cats do to the females during kitten season.

Ace: Um...what's kitten season got to do with Cinnamon and Bear?

Me: Kitten season is what we cat lovers call the time of year when a male and a female cat are ready to mate and make babies.

Ace: Oh...that explains a lot. 😅

Eric Singer: And you said that your cat is fixed, right Emily?

Me: Yeah. That's what's it called when a cat "gets neutered".

Paul: Huh? What does that mean?

Vinnie: It's a surgical procedure that a veterinarian does to a pet to keep them from mating with each other and making babies. At least that's because Emily had told me. She taught me everything there is to know about these kinds of things.

KellerSinger19: Really? That's pretty smart of you Emily.

*No answer because I'm not there*

Suzy: Um...Emily?

Gene: Does anybody have the slightest idea where our host went?

Me: *calls out from across the hallways* I'm using the bathroom! Won't be long.