Chapter Twenty

Me: Hey guys!

Paul, Gene, Peter, Ace: Hi Emily!!

Me: Do you know what day it is?

Ace: I dunno...? Is it National Girlfriend's Day?

Paul: No Ace! 😂

Peter: It's Mother's Day! 😹

Me: Yep! It's a day to celebrate all the moms out there in the world. What are you guys doing with your mom for Mother's Day?

Peter: My mom isn't around anymore, kitten. She died of cancer in the 90's.

Paul: I'm sorry to hear that, buddy. *gives Peter a friendly pat on the shoulder*

Me: Aww! You poor thing.

Peter: It's okay. *smiles* I still miss her and my dad, too.

Gene: My father died in the concentration camps during the Holocaust, and so, my mother and I fled to the United States and we moved to Queens, New York.

Paul: Yeah, and your mom had an affectionate nickname name for me.

Peter: Really? I didn't know that.

Ace: What did she call you, curly?

Paul: She called me The Bum.

Peter: Lol XD 😂

Ace: *cackles* 🤣 The Bum?! XDXDD

Paul: *smiles and then laughs* I remember one day I called his house number and his mom answered and I said "Can I speak to Gene"? And she said...*talks in Gene's mom's Hungarian accent* "The king is on the throne".

Peter: Oh my God! *laughs* 😹

Ace: *cackles*

Paul:  I said "Yeah, king's on the throne. Let me speak to Gene".

Gene: *chuckles at the good memory of his mother* That's true. 🙂

Paul: *talks in Gene's mom's Hungarian accent again* "I told you, the king is on the throne".

Gene: *is now laughing* 😆

Ace: *laughs* 🤣

Peter: Hahaha! 😹

Paul: And it turns out, he's taking a dump.

Peter: *laughs out loud* 😹😹😹

Ace: *cackles like he does* 🤣🤣🤣

Gene: My mom was a brave woman, and I'm grateful for everything she has done for me. I still wish that my father was here, but now he's with my mom.

Me: Awww! And she loved America?

Gene: Yes. *nods his head and smiles* We both did.

Paul: Unfortunately, my mom isn't alive anymore, either. She passed away in March of 2013.

Me: Aww. That's too bad.

Ace: Yeah, both my parents are gone, too. They're all up in heaven now.

Me: Well, I hope you guys can have an amazing Mother's Day while remembering all the good times you had with your mom.

Paul, Gene, Ace, and Peter: Thank you. (: