Prologue

(A/N: hi! just going off of myself, i don't read authors notes💀 butttt this is my first fanfic, so please be nice lol and voting and commenting is always appreciated:)

the all too familiar school bell rang, signifying the end of the day and waking you up from your peaceful yet inappropriate slumber.

as you joined the other students in packing up and exiting the classroom, the teacher called you over before you could run out of the class.

"y/n, how many times do I have to tell you that sleeping is something you should be doing on your own time." he sighed as he repeated the lecture he had to give you at least twice a week.

you grinned lazily at him, eyes still slightly droopy from your nap, and responded in a laid back tone, "hey, it's not my fault you give out so much homework. when am I supposed to sleep if I have to pull all-nighters just to pass?"      

"no one else in the class has that much homework, including you; you just procrastinate." he stated, looking at you pointedly while you just shrugged.

He sighed again, pinching the bridge of his nose. "just go home, and maybe this time try and manage your time better." "we'll see," you responded slyly, leaving the room and waving behind you.

On your way out of the building, you caught up with your group of friends who were waiting in the main entrance for you.

"what'd you do this time, y/n?" your friend, Yuka, teased with the others, knowing how much trouble you got into. "let me guess," your other friend, Akani, spoke up, "fell asleep in class?" "bingo." you laughed out, shooting him a smile.

after chatting with them for a bit, you took your leave and began walking home.

you fished both headphones and phone out of your pocket, scrolling through a playlist to find the song you wanted to listen to.

as you walked and hummed the tune, you dug through your bag to find a certain something. "gotcha!" you exclaimed, pulling out a lollipop in triumph.

just as you unwrapped it and were about to put it in your mouth, out of the corner of your eye you saw someone watching you.

you slowly came to a stop, your hand as well as the lollipop being moved to where your hand naturally rested.

as you turned your head, a short figure with blonde hair never took his eyes off of the lollipop in your hand. behind him was a taller guy, who had a big dragon tattoo on the side of his head seeming disinterested by what his friend was infatuated with.

"watcha lookin' at, shorty?" you asked in a playful manner, causing the shorter male to break his staring contest with the lollipop.

he looked from you to your hand a few times, and you got the gist of what he was trying to say with his eyes.

the guy behind him put a hand on his shoulder, saying, "yo, Mikey, stop staring. we can get something for you to eat a little later." the tough guy seemed pretty nice, although looking the exact opposite.

a small pout made your way onto your face, but ignoring your selfish wishes you brought your hand up in his direction. "you can have it if you want. I'm not really in the mood for it right now anyways."

without a second thought, the blonde boy raced over to you and took the lollipop right out of your hand, the taller boy following him slower. "thanks!" he exclaimed, immediately shoving it in his mouth.

"I'm Mikey by the way, and this is Draken," he informed you, his talking slightly muffled by what he was eating. "nice to meet ya, I'm y/n." you said, grinning at the two and holding out your hand. Draken just nodded his head in acknowledgement and Mikey took your hand and shook it.