Chapter 1

the next morning, right as you woke up you were already done with the day.

you groaned and checked your phone - reluctant to get out of bed just yet.

Yuka
are u coming today? we could walk together

y/n
i don't think so, but we should hangout soon! probably with the others <3

Yuka
boooo. but fine ig🙄

y/n liked a message

you put your phone down, coming to the conclusion that you were going to skip indefinitely. however, your mom was strict, and wouldn't let you stay home with the excuse 'mental health day.'

so, you put on your school uniform and some light makeup, and stuffed some regular everyday clothes into your bag.

you debated bringing a jacket, but the weather was nice so you decided against it.

as you walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, you saw your mom sitting at the counter with a coffee in hand.

"morning~" you said, and she looked up at you and smiled before returning the pleasantry.

you said your goodbye and walked out the door, headphones already in and no idea where you were going to go.

————

as you walked around the city in the clothes from your bag, you stopped in a grocery store to get a drink. while you were in the drink isle scanning the shelves, a certain someone recognized you from behind and called out to you.

"y/n," you turned your head at your name being called, only to be met with Drakens' tall figure standing a few feet away from you.

you smiled warmly at him, your laid-back demeanour rubbing off on him. "why aren't you at school?" he asked, and you shot him a sly grin, "i could ask you the same thing."

"i asked you first."

"hmm, that's not the way i remember things."

"oh, then please, enlighten me."

Draken teased, a smirk on his face as you and him got into an unintentional staring contest, neither one daring to back down.

you then gestured with your hand for him to come closer, and he obliged, a light blush hardly visible on his cheeks.

as he wondered what you were getting at, you blew straight into his eyes causing him to flinch back and blink many times.

"i win." you stated smugly, giggling at his irritated form.

"you're a real piece of work, you know that?" he asked, chuckling at your behaviour.

"piece of work, at your service." you replied and dramatically curtseyed in front of him, making you both burst out into laughter at the situation unfolding.

"hey," you started, after your laughing had subsided. "what's up?" he asked, looking intently at you.

"wanna do something fun?"

"..what did you have in mind?" he started hesitantly, not knowing what kind of mischief you were concocting.

he'd only known you for less than a day, but he found himself being able to read you easily.

and he could tell that you were capable of being very reckless.

your smile slowly grew, and you pulled the shopping cart someone left in the isle between the two of you.

"wanna go for a ride?" you asked innocently, draken facepalming at the dumb idea.

yet, he still complied and you got in the shopping cart.