Chapter 29

a week had passed since your accident, and your story was still fresh on the news.

it was revealed that you were a part of a gang and reporters started making up rumours that your fatal accident was planned by a rivalling gang.

the boys were stricken with worry, unable to function properly as you showed no signs of recovery in the near future.

many people came to visit you each day, and Draken never went more than a day that whole week without visiting you.

so, there he sat, right beside you while doing some homework.

"how do i find 'x' in this problem..." he muttered to himself, and even though you seemed lifeless you could hear everything he was saying.

it was like you were stuck in an incredibly long dream; when you slept you just couldn't hear anything, and when you were awake, everything was muffled an unclear.

the only thing that brought you out of your dream-like state was your friends having a one-sided conversation.

Draken sighed and stood up, deciding to get a drink from one of the hospitals vending machines.

he walked out of the door, quietly whispering he'd be back soon before heading into the elevator.

as he stood in front of a window overlooking the city, a wave of emptiness flowed through him.

he stared at his reflection in the window, nothing feeling real and becoming numb to any situation that didn't have to do with you.

getting a good look at himself through the window, he could clearly see dark eye bags and a permanent frown cast across his gaze.

Mikey, Mitsuya and Baji stood in front of him on their way to your room, Mitsuya clearing his throat and pulling Draken out of his thoughts.

they were all worried for his mental well-being. everyone cared for you deeply, but they could tell something was going on between you and him, hence why he was taking it the hardest.

"hey man, are you okay?" Mitsuya asked, while Draken just nodded his head.

"i'm just getting a drink, you guys want anything?" the three boys politely declined and said they'd meet him in your room once he was finished.

Draken grabbed the drink and headed to the elevator once again, and then stepping into your room.

as he walked in, he saw the boys greeting you quietly, before settling down on the ground and pulling out a pack of cards.

Draken smiled and put his homework away, joining them on the floor as Mitsuya dealt each person the same amount of cards.

you listened to their murmuring and calmed at the sound of their sparatic laughter.

you desperately wanted to open your eyes and join their game. you wanted to see their faces again.

it felt like an eternity since you saw anyone; panic struck you as you realized you were slowly forgetting what they looked like.

the boys looked up in alarm from their game, your heart rate picking up on the heart monitor as you silently panicked.

"what's going on?" a nurse popped her head through the doorway, being alerted that a patients heart rate was speeding up.

"i-i don't know, we were just playing a card game and the heart monitor started beeping faster," Draken explained, a nervous feeling growing in his chest.

the nurse walked over, followed by the four boys, and she used the stethoscope around her neck to examine you.

"everything seems fine; she might just be having a bad dream or something."