Chapter 32

the following day was rough.

you were still in pain when you woke up, a splitting headache forming as the medicine for managing the pain wore off.

Draken was worried sick, as you were completely fine the day before.

the doctors that came in to frequently check on you reassured him, saying that you feeling the pain was good, and showed them that your nervous system was still working fine after the accident and being in a short coma.

you were now hooked up to another iv line, one to keep you hydrated and one constantly administering a low dose of morphine.

feeling weak and foggy-headed, you spent half of the first few hours awake drifting in and out of sleep.

Baji, Mikey, Chifuyu, and Mitsuya came by in the afternoon, only to find Draken sitting rigidly in the chair beside you while you muttered nonsense to him.

he nodded his head, playing along. even while being anxiety-ridden, you still brought a smile to his face with your rambling.

as Draken heard the door click shut, he swivelled in his seat and greeted the three boys.

"is y/n okay?" Mitsuya asked, as they all glanced towards you who was laughing and coming up with different theories.

"yeah, i think so. she had a rough night, so she's hopped up on pain killers right now." Draken explained, and the other boys now understood why you were acting so strangely.

as soon as your eyes landed on the boys, you grinned with half-closed eyes as they walked over and pulled up a few more chairs.

Draken was on your left side, while Baji and Mitsuya were on your right, and Mikey was sitting on the end of the bed near your feet.

now that other people had arrived, Draken stood up to take a walk and stretch his legs.

the boys could see evident bags forming under his eyes, as he was on high alert since last night.

as he started walking away, you complained, "where's pretty boy going?" Mikey looked at you then back to Draken, stifling a laugh.

"..pretty boy..?" "don't." Draken warned, only making the three laugh harder.

"oooh, pretty boy, can you get us drinks?" Baji teased, making kissing noises at the end of his sentence.

Draken muttered something to himself and left the room, causing you to frown at his absence.

"don't worry y/n, we got you." Baji said as he looked to you, and Mitsuya added, "so, tell us more about 'pretty boy'."

you grinned and nodded eagerly.

"last night he slept in the same bed as me.. it was craaaazy." Mikey burst out laughing as the other two just grinned, hardly being able to contain their excitement to tease Draken when he got back.

meanwhile

Draken wandered through the halls, yawning as his restless night caught up to him.

although you were doing fine right now, his chest still swelled with concern as he remembered how much pain you were in without medication.

walking out of the hospital, he stood with his eyes closed letting the cool air hit his face.

he sighed, rubbing his face and shifting his weight between his legs.