Chapter 7

it had been a few days since the day you hung out with Draken, Mikey, and Baji, and it was now monday morning.

all you did over the weekend was sulk in your room, hardly texting people.

you had the excuse that you were swamped with homework; which was true, it was just that you never actually did any of it.

you groaned as your alarm blared to wake you up, and scrolled through your phone answering any messages you missed from the night before.

Mitsuya
11:44 p.m
hey, wanna hangout soon? i feel like we haven't seen each other in a while

y/n
7:23 a.m
yeah fs! just name a day:)

Mitsuya
sick, i'll lyk!
y/n liked a message

Baji
do u have any math notes? i'm failing💀

y/n
im sorry i cant help u there😭 we're both in the same boat for that

Baji
boooo
y/n liked a message

once you finished replying to the important texts, you got dressed and ready for school before leaving the house.

your walk to school felt very lonely, as you usually walked with Haru, Yuka, and Akani.

'this is only the second day. it'll get easier on weekdays after a bit.' you told yourself, hardly believing it.

as you neared the school, you put your headphones in and drowned out any background noises.

a few people waved to you in the halls, and you just smiled and nodded back at them.

you passed your friend group, and looked down to the floor. before you looked down, though, you swore you saw a small smile playing on Yukas' lips aimed at you.

you reached the class and were actually early for once, which made the teacher smile in surprise at your figure sitting quietly at your desk.

you pulled out a pen and started drawing on your hand to pass the time.

once the bell rang, more students flooded in and you greeted the ones who looked at you with a smile.

when Haru walked in, you tried to smile at her but she just shot you a cold glare.

your heart sunk and you looked away to your hand, focusing on the ink staining your hand.

————

class seemed to last forever; it wasn't until the last five minutes that time felt like it passed faster.

the bell rang and cut the teacher off, students already packing up their stuff for break.

before you could leave, the teacher called your name and gestured for you to come over to his desk.

"what's up?" you asked in a lazy tone, your eyes roaming around the room.

"where were you yesterday, y/n? i saw you in the first class then you never came back."

you sweat-dropped, trying to make up a quick lie.

"oh, i'm sorry about that. i had a dentist appointment and it ran longer than i thought it would."

he just started at you as you smiled back innocently, hoping he wouldn't see through your lie.

finally, he sighed, and let you leave the class.

walking through the halls, you spotted Yuka alone and went up to her.

"hey," you started, and she just looked at you nervously. "can we talk?"

"i don't think that's such a good idea, y/n. i don't really wanna be seen with you."