Chapter 60

a few days had came and went, and you were now sitting in your room at the brothel.

everything with Hanma had been dealt with for the most part; the court date was concurred to be a month from now.

you weren't worried about it; after all, if he admitted to attacking you in the park days ago, why would he go back on that in court?

no one in Toman had heard from Kisaki in a while, so everyone was on high alert for him and any other members of Valhalla.

but, for the most part, that gang was smart enough to stay away from Toman.

the sun was going to set soon, and you were growing bored of being on your phone, so you went to Drakens room to bug him.

opening his door without knocking, you saw him sitting on his bed, playing a game on his phone.

Draken looked up at your figure, smiling softly as you entered the room more.

"what's up?" he asked, and you grinned at him lazily.

"i'm bored."

"and that's my problem.. how?" you smacked his arm lightly, making him chuckle in response.

"do you wanna do something?" you asked, disregarding his last statement.

he stayed quiet for a second, before nodding and the two of you exited his room.

smiling and waving at Masaway, you and Draken went into the elevator and stopped at the bottom floor, heading out of the building.

a cool breeze hit your face, and you took a deep breath. the sun was still bright, but in places you could see the sky getting darker.

the both of you walked around aimlessly, a comfortable silence falling.

as you neared a park, you pulled Draken by the hand and led him towards it. he followed you wordlessly.

when you stepped onto the wood chips, you broke into a jog and stopped in front of the monkey bars, climbing up them and sitting down on top.

Draken laughed airily and followed you up, the two of you sitting down and overlooking the playground as well as houses that lined the sidewalk across from the park.

you closed your eyes, enjoying the serene feeling that coursed through your body.

everything seemed to be alright, at least for the moment, and you weren't going to take that for granted.

Draken stared at your side profile intently, admiring how pretty you looked as the sun began to set.

it cast an orange hue on your features, making it seem as if you were glowing.

opening your eyes, you turned to face Draken, who had a small blush on his face.

"whatre you staring at?" you teased, but he didn't become embarrassed.

"you," he said, just barely above a whisper. your face turned to a deep shade of red, coughing and turning away to look in front of you.

he only smiled, happy to see how well you had bounced back, even after everything that happened.

after a while longer of silence, Draken asked a question out of the blue.

"do you ever, wonder how life would be if things went differently?"

you turned to him, gazing deeply into his eyes.

"every day," you replied, making a small pain shoot through his chest.