Chapter 35

you were standing in front of Mikey along with the rest of Toman, for your first meeting in almost a month.

when you arrived at the Musashi shrine, everyone greeted you with wide smiles and welcomed you back.

now, the mood had turned serious, Mikey discussing Valhalla and how Toman was still at war with them.

"Hanma is enraged with Toman; everyone in that gang follows him blindly so of course they're all angry as well. we need to keep our guards up, as they don't play fairly."

the gang members nodded, not a single word being spoken from the crowd.

a guilt washed over you, for causing Hanma to break the peace between the gangs.

many people had told you it wasn't your fault; that he was just a maniac and found any excuse he could to fight. but still, you felt fully responsible for the situation at hand.

quickly after talking about Valhalla, Mikey ended the meeting and most people left the shrine from the stairs.

you stayed behind, as well as Takemichy, Draken, Mikey, Baji, Chifuyu, and Mitsuya.

with all of you forming a ragged circle, you were the first to speak up.

"i'm sorry," you mumbled, staring down at your shoes in shame.

"you've got nothing to be sorry for, y/n. Hanma just took what you did as a chance to start something; it's not your fault." Mikey said softly.

"yes it is! i'm the one who was stupid and beat him up, and he's the commander of Valhalla. how is it not my fault?!" you were now looking at all of the boys, your voice rising in fear and frustration.

Draken put his hand on your shoulder in an attempt to comfort you, but you just shrugged it off.

"y/n.. we're in this together. Hanma deserved it after everything he did, so don't blame yourself." Chifuyu spoke hesitantly, not wanting to trigger your anger.

"yeah, it's not like we can't take them!" Takemichy exclaimed, and you shot back, "you can't even fight dude, what are you gonna do?"

the other boys laughed as his face paled, and you chuckled quietly and apologized to him.

"no you're right, i can't fight. so, i want you to teach me!" your eyes widened at his request, scoffing.

"how can i help? i hardly know how to fight!"

"bro on halloween you were, like, badass!"

"that was mostly from adrenaline. i'm not strong and can't fight very well; i just have fast reflexes."

he frowned, but then turned to your friends and asked each of them to teach him to fight.

they were all hesitant, until you asked for them to teach you both and they agreed right away.

Takemichy sulked, you laughing as his plan only worked because you backed him up.

"alright, i'm gonna head out. i gotta get back home." Mitsuya spoke after the laughter died down, and everyone agreed and started walking down the stairs, parting ways at the bottom.

Mikey caught a ride with Baji, as he had driven your motorcycle here for you to take.

you thanked him multiple times and everyone eventually left, leaving only you and Draken.

"so, you ready to drive again?" he asked, and you nodded your head slowly.

truth was, you were still scared as hell. but you pushed the fear down and grabbed your now mandatory-to-wear helmet, pulling it over your head and putting the visor down, so Draken couldn't see your face anymore.