Chapter 47

the next day at school, you, Draken, Mikey, and Baji were standing around just outside of the school waiting for the bell.

while Draken and Mikey were bickering about something, you tuned them out when Baji started speaking to you.

"so, are you and Draken a thing now?" at his words, your eyes widened and a light blush spread across your cheeks.

"w-what? no, no we're not."

"come on, everyone can see there's something going on between you two." he persisted, and you signed before speaking again.

"we're not really 'a thing', but we like each other, i guess. but nothings really set in stone."

"man, i owe Mitsuya so much money." he replied, and you stared at him with your mouth agape.

"bro, you were betting on us?!"

he looked down at you sheepishly, shooting an innocent smile.

you just laughed and nudged his side, him quickly joining in.

at that moment the bell rang, while you all collectively groaned made the way to your classes.

Mikey and Baji said goodbye, and Draken walked you to your classrooms' door.

you stood outside of it, facing him. "i'll see you at lunch?" you asked, and he nodded with a smile.

saying goodbye, he left for his class while you walked in the door and took a seat.

Ren was already sitting at his desk behind yours, and he gave you an awkward smile which you returned before sitting down and facing the front.

as all of the students eventually arrived and took their seats, the teacher began talking.

he hasn't started the lesson yet, though, as he was explaining a test that would be happening tomorrow.

murmurs of protest ran through the classroom, no one wanting a test. a test for math, nonetheless.

once he finally started the morning lesson, you started to zone out and doodled on the paper in front of you.

————

the bell had rung signifying the start of lunch, and you sighed in relief and quickly exited the classroom.

before you could leave, though, the teacher waved you over and you hesitantly made your way to his desk.

"what's up?" you asked. "y/n, your grades have been slipping a lot lately. do you have any good excuse for that?"

you stared at him incredulously, blurting out the obvious, since it was all over the news.

"i was in a car crash and in a coma, and then my friend died." he deadpanned at your blunt response, staying silent and just let you leave.

you left without saying anything, a scowl resting on your face at his lack of emotion towards the situation.

when you got into the hallway, Mikey, Baji, and Draken were already waiting outside of it.

they noticed your sour mood, and Draken asked what was wrong.

"ah, just my teacher being his peachy self." you said sarcastically, earning a laugh from the boys.

the four of you made your way outside, walking around and slowly heading to your motorcycles.

"i don't wanna go back," Mikey complained, and you all agreed.

"wanna skip?" Baji asked, and even though you wanted to, you all needed to be there.