Chapter 39

the next morning, you woke up groggily and spotted Draken still sleeping soundly beside you.

memories of the last few days flashed your vision, making you sigh and run a hand through your hair.

Draken's back was turned to you, and you got up and put on some different clothes.

without bothering to brush your teeth or put on makeup, you exited the room with only your phone, headphones, and keys.

since your old phone was broken from Hanmas' goon, you bought a cheap flip phone as compensation for the moment, the only apps on it being music, messages, and the camera.

by the sun that filtered in from the windows, it looked to be very early in the morning.

you pulled out your phone, plugging in your headphones and simultaneously checking the time.

'5:47 a.m. damn, i woke up early.' you thought to yourself, heading down the elevator and out of the brothel.

making your way to your motorcycle, you hopped on it and started up the engine, having it move forward slowly and steadily pick up the pace.

you cruised through the streets, your helmet denying any wind to hit your face as an oversized jacket covered your top half.

slowing down near a park, you were going to sit down and people watch when a few familiar faces came into view.

fully stopping the motorcycle, and turning it off before swinging your leg over and landing lightly on the ground, you walked over to the scene.

Takemichy and a few other boys, one with plum-coloured hair who you remembered meeting seemingly ages ago, stood quivering like a leaf in front of a group of taller, rugged looking guys who were glaring down at your friend.

you strode over, not feeling scared as you had dealt with too much to be scared of a few guys who thought they were the shit.

"yo, what's going on?" "y/n?" Takemichy said, looking away from the boys as everyone's attention turned to you.

"this doesn't concern you," the 'leader' of the group growled, making you snicker.

looking closer at Takemichy and his friends, cuts littered their faces and the other groups hands were red upon impact.

"well, that guy right there is my friend, so i think it does concern me."

the taller boys laughed, but you stood before then un-phased.

"it's okay y/n, we've got this," Takemichy whispered from behind you, and you turned your head slightly to speak to him.

"i don't think you do, it looks like they're beating your asses."

"get outta here, we wouldn't want to have to beat up a girl." with his words you faced the front again, and laughed.

"try me," you said in a challenging tone.

the first guy glowered and ran up, raising his fist to punch your face.

you ducked at the last second, grabbing onto his wrist and twisting it so that he lost balance, using that as an advantage to throw him on the ground.

the other two guys rushed at you from either side, and you stood still waiting for an opening.

as the two raised their hands to hit you, you took one step forward and swerved from the waist up, making them unable to stop their momentum and crash into each other, landing a punch at the same time and falling to the ground.

you smirked and looked down to the three boys on the floor, and kicked one of them in the gut.

"you guys are such babies." you spat, turning to leave while Takemichy and his friends snapped out of their daze and ran after you.