Chapter 48

it was past midnight.

you were still awake, sitting up in bed and talking to an unknown number who began texting you seconds prior.

unknown
y/n.

your palms were sweating at the single text, unsure of who this was and how they knew your name.

y/n
who is this?

unknown
that's not important.

i need you to meet me at the cafe thats in Shibuya district.

your heart beat faster, seeing as this person knew around where you lived.

y/n
why would i do that?

unknown
because you're friends lives will be put on the line if you choose not to come.
10 images

you clicked onto the images, your blood running cold as a picture of the outside of their houses shown.

getting flashbacks to how Hanma threatened you the same way, going straight for your friends.

with a gut feeling of Hanma being the one behind this, you texted out your next message shakily before getting off of the bed, putting some different clothes on and grabbing your keys.

y/n
fine. i'll be there soon.

you tip toed out of your room, exiting the brothel through the elevator.

once you got outside, the cold air hit your face and you took a deep breath trying to calm your nerves.

walking over to the familiar motorcycle and turning the engine on, you drove off and sped down the road, unable to think clearly as you felt you were driving to your doom.

it wasn't a far ride; you arrived to the said cafe within minutes, parking the bike and slowly walking into the building.

you weren't sure why it was even open at this time; it was almost 3:00 a.m. but everything you were thinking flew out of your head as you spotted Hanma sitting with his back turned to you, sipping on a coffee and waiting for your arrival.

not wanting to move, or even breath, you willed your legs to carry you to where Hanma was sitting.

as you sat down, he looked up, grinning evilly.

"i'm so glad you could join me, y/n." you scoffed at his words, cutting straight to the point.

"what do you want Hanma?"

"fine, we'll get straight to business. i want you to join Valhalla." your breathing hitched, eyes widening in surprise.

"you- what?"

"you've shown how strong you are mentally and physically multiple times; you'd make a very good addition to my gang."

your eyes narrowed, speaking lowly.

"what makes you think i'd even think about joining Valhalla? after all you've done?"

Hanma then leaned back in his seat, taking another sip of the coffee and smiled.