Chapter 25

class dragged on forever, and the teachers monotone voice didn't help you stay conscious during his lesson.

to make matters even worse, the whole time you were sat in your desk, you could feel Haru's glare burning into from a few seats over.

she would steal looks at you when your head was turned to the teacher, and you shifted in your seat uncomfortably.

your leg bounced up and down, watching the seconds on the clock tick by.

since you got closer to Ren, you figured out that he was in your class, and sat only a few seats behind you.

you were grateful to have a friend in that room, since Haru was glaring daggers in your direction.

unable to sit still any longer, you raised your hand and asked to go to the washroom.

you got up and left the class, heading towards the bathrooms and entering the girls'.

meanwhile

Haru raised her hand a minute after you did, asking to get water. the teacher excused her and she made her way the the bathroom you were in.

she walked in and waited for you to come out of the stall, her foot tapping impatiently on the tiled floor.

you exited the stall, walking over to the sink.

as you turned the water on and washed your hands, a familiar face looking at you through the mirror caught your eye.

Haru was glaring at you, her arms crossed as she got closer to you.

"why the fuck are you still here? i thought you dropped out or something." she then laughed, continuing. "delinquents like you don't end up successful anyways, so why are you still at school?"

you dried your hands and turned to face her, your eyes narrowed.

"we both know i'm smarter than you. and i wouldn't just drop out, you saw it yourself; i was going through some shit."

"oh yeah, yelling at your mom and being a bitch to me? that's a whole lot of stress to carry."

you scoffed at her words. "you're unbelievable, Haru. you're the one who's been a bitch to me, and you don't know at all what happened between me and my mom. stop sticking your nose in my business."

you brushed past her, trying to go back to class, but she grabbed your wrist and forced you to look at her.

"you've got no place here, y/n. just leave now and cut your losses. nobody wants you here."

anger rose in your chest, but you pushed it down and ignored her words.

ripping your arm out of her grasp, she grabbed you by the shoulders and shoved you against the wall.

the wind was knocked out of you, causing you to cough a few times.

"let me go." you said lowly, but she sneered and pushed you harder against the cold wall.

"oh yeah, what're you gonna do? you're just a lowlife with mental problems."

you clenched your fists, done with the conversation before it even started.

"what did i ever do to you? why do you hate me so much?"

"you're avoiding the conversation, y/n. just leave. seriously. no one would even care if you just jumped off a-" before she could finish her sentence, your anger spilled over the edge and you punched her square in the lip.