Chapter 15

Kazutora was walking slightly in front of you, stopping at his gangs' meeting place and causing you to bump into his back.

he turned around and chuckled softly, a small smile on his lips.

he walked into the abandoned arcade and you followed suit, noticing the person with no head spray-painted on the side of the building.

as soon as you walked in, heavy smoke lingered in the air and you inhaled a large amount of second-hand smoke.

intimidating guys were looking at you from all directions, scowls on their faces.

you were about to grip onto Kazutora's sleeve, when you decided it would be best to fake confidence.

you strode in behind him, your lips forming into a tight straight line, eyes half-lidded lazily.

as you reached farther into the building, Kazutora's footsteps slowed and you followed behind him, the both of you stopping at a make-shift throne with a guy sitting in it.

the boy had black hair with a yellow stripe in the middle, and across his hands read 'sin' and 'punishment'.

he looked right past Kazutora and down to your figure, a smirk playing on his lips as he spoke.

"well, who did you bring, Kazutora?"

'god, this guys voice is annoying.' you thought to yourself, not daring to voice your thoughts.

"she's a friend i met earlier, and she needs a place to stay. i was thinking she could stay here for a bit."

"and what's her name?"

before Kazutora could answer for you again, you cut him off.

"y/n."

"ah, so you can talk. i'm Hanma, nice to meet you

and what makes you think we have enough hospitality to let you stay with us?"

you looked to Kazutora, at a loss for words.

"i said she could. she's my friend, anway."

Hanma chuckled, looking you up and down with a creepy smile.

"well, you're so pretty i think i just have to allow it."

you frowned at his words, feeling like he was viewing you as an object and nothing else.

Hanma then raised his voice, loud enough for the whole gang to hear him.

"everyone, this is y/n. she'll be staying with us for a bit. be nice,"

you looked around the room and grinned at them, still feeling uneasy but not letting it show on your expression.

————

you had gotten situated in a less-populated area of the arcade, with your bad beside you and your headphones in your ears.

soft music played through them, and you were zoned out staring at the floor.

your phone buzzed, and you ripped your gaze away from the floor, checking who had texted.

Draken
5:27 p.m

theres a Toman meeting tn

want me to pick u up?

your heart raced at his question, having to quickly come up with an excuse as you weren't even home.

y/n
no it's okay! i'm kinda near the shrine anyways so i'll just walk there:)

Draken
alr, just text me if u change ur mind