Chapter 37

you awoke from a very short, very restless sleep in the same place you fell asleep in.

not knowing what time it was, you guessed it would be early morning as it felt like some hours of time had passed.

the lock on the door infron of you clicked, then opened very quickly. you were glad there was enough space to just avoid the door, or else you would have been in even more pain.

to your displease, neither Hanma or Kazutora was standing in front of your only way out.

instead, it was a boy with a buzz cut and a few small face tattoos, holding some sort of food in his hand.

he dropped it in your lap, shutting and locking the door once again without saying a word.

'maybe Hanma's smart enough to send other people in. i have absolutely no advantage over those guys.'

picking up the thing the boy dropped, you examined it and found out it was a protein bar.

"thanks for the balanced meal!" you shouted sarcastically at the door, hoping someone heard and felt even a sliver of guilt for not only the slim amount of food, but also kidnapping you.

unwrapping the foil-like packaging, you lifted the protein bar and took a small bite.

you immediately regretted that decision and spat it out on the floor, scowling and and kicking the rest of the bar to a corner.

stomach growling from no food and your head aching, you curled up on the floor and closed your eyes.

you thought of your friends, and how they could always cheer you up and never judged; they were always there for you.

a small smile played on your lips from the distraction, your breathing evened out and you fell into a more restful slumber.

meanwhile

the members of Toman had been up for quite some while, Mikey informing his gang members of what happened to you, while an uproar of scared and angry words were said across the crowd.

Mikey then explained the plan, and they all got into groups of a few people, heading off of the shrines grounds, hopping on their bikes and beginning to search everywhere for you.

————

a few more hours had gone by, and you were now sitting upright in the middle of the bathroom, tired of bruising your back on the hard tile walls.

running over the plans you made last night a thousand times in your head, you felt ready to execute them.

you stood up and pounded on the door until someone would walk over.

it took a long while, and the side of your hand was red and growing tired of the repeated motion.

finally, a pair of footsteps walked over and stopped in front of the door, casting two long shadows from the space at the bottom of the door.

"what is it?" the voice said tiredly, and you could tell it was Hanma just from his mannerisms and annoying voice.

"Hanma, i need some fresh bandages. im supposed to change them every two days, and it's been three."

he quickly denied your request, having no patience for listening to you plead your case.

"please," you said, and repeated the word until it didn't have any meaning.