Chapter 4

Narrator PoV

A 9 year old Shiroi stood in a forest and trained with his swords. His surroundings were covered in snow. Shiroi completes his daily training, which consists of swinging his sword 1000 times a day.

???: ''Finally finish Shi-chan~'' A purple-haired young girl about Shiroi's age, with long hair and red eyes, walked up to him with a bright smile.

(Her looks)

Shiroi wipes the sweat from his forehead with his arms and nods at her.

Shiroi: ''Jup! I just finished. Do you need anything, Iris-chan?'' Shiroi said in a cheerful tone, placing his katana back on the sheath at his hips.

Iris: ''Have you forgotten Shi-chan? I want to train with you today. I can't let someone two years younger than me beat me without even breaking a sweat.'' She said with a hint of annoyance in her tone since she never wins against Shiroi even though he is two years younger than her.

Shiroi: ''What can I say, but I'm too awesome~'' Shiroi said as he puffed his chest and boasted about his strength to tease her. Iris had a anger mark on her forehead as she was irritated by his boasting.

Iris: ''Don't be overconfident or arrogant just because you're strong at your age, Shi-chan!''

Shiroi: ''I just believe in myself, in my abilities and in my talent. I don't think you could call that arrogant or overconfident~'' Shiroi said in a playful tone, smirking at her.

Iris just sighed and pulled her dull blade from the sheath at her hip (A:kun: Not the OP traveler Dull blade!).

Iris: ''Then show me that you can back up everything you claim, Shi-chan!'' She said in a serious tone, smiling as she assumed her sword stance. Shiroi smiles back, sheathes his katana and also assumes his sword stance.

Shiroi closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again. Shiroi stood in front of Iris. Their surroundings were on fire and there were many craters on the field. There were many corpses of valkyries, knights, honkai and demon beasts.

Shiroi's eyes widened in horror as he saw his katana pierce her heart while still holding the katana in his hand. He couldn't pull his katana out of her or remove his hand. All he could do was look at her pale face and dull eyes as her blood poured from her mouth and dripped onto the floor.

Shiroi even tried to close his eyes but he couldn't, he just wanted to wake up from this nightmare.

Iris: ''Why did you kill me, Shi-chan? I thought we were my friends? Why did you kill me, Shi-chan? Why?'' She asked him in a low and weak voice, looking at him with her dying eyes.

Shiroi started panting heavily and didn't know what to say. His face was covered in sweat as he could only look at her with a horrified expression.

???: ''Have you forgotten, dear Shiroi? You killed her because you wanted to. She was a nuisance and bossed you around like you were her slave. She was jealous of your strength and hated you for it. You hated her, Shiroi.'' The whispers in his head, whispering to him and trying to manipulate Shiroi.