Chapter 15

A-kun: Slice of life in St.Freya... is so peaceful without depression 😏

✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤

Narrator PoV

It's been a day since Kiana passed the retest, although she barely passed. This is mainly thanks to Bronya, who helps her with her studies.

''Oniichan! As a thank you for helping me through my studies, I baked cookies for you!'' Her snow-colored hair fluttered around her waist. Her eyes sparkled like the sea when the light reflected in the sea.

A beautiful girl with a childlike expression said these words with her usual energetic, excited demeanor as she held out the container she was holding in her hands to Shiroi.

''You know, Kiana... Bronya helped you the most... so why did you bake it for me? Not that I'm not grateful for it, because my sweet little sister made it for me.''

''This brat... already got all my pocket money from our last bet... so I thanked her for her help, even though I didn't really need her help since I can handle studying just fine on my own.I mean, after all, I'm your super cute, smart little sister, so the test was a breeze.''

With a carefree, happy, big smile that could make Shiroi smile if the situation were normal.

''...Well, about that...''

There were so many things he wanted to say, but Shiroi couldn't find the appropriate words in the face of his dear sister, who was in a really good mood.

Kiana couldn't see anything wrong with Shiroi's expression and lifted the lid of the container.

''Look Oniichan! The cookies look good, right? I did my best!''

The many things inside were irregularly shaped and had burn marks all over them and there were even some ingredients in there that shouldn't be there. They could hardly be called cookies or any kind of edible food. As expected when a Kaslana cooks or bakes something.

Shiroi was also like this for the first time when he started cooking around the age of six, but after a lot of passionate, hard work, he overcame the curse of Kaslana cooking.

Shiroi stared at the cookies and felt a shiver run down his spine as he could have sworn the cookies were just moving slightly and somehow grinning at him.

His eyes twitched slightly in disgust at this creation of Kiana's. 

''Um... Did you bake it yourself?''

''Nope! Mei-senpai help me! She even took a bite and said it was good, but somehow after taking a bite she just ran upstairs to the bathroom with a pale face.'' Kiana said with an innocent expression on her face, not knowing that she had poisoned Mei with her creation.

Shiroi feels sorry for Mei because he can imagine that after baking her so-called cookies, Kiana has a very happy puppy expression and Mei takes a bite, knowing that it looks very disgusting, but with the thought that it will still taste good, even if it doesn't look edible at all.

Shiroi regrets having to tell Mei that some food, even if it looks inedible, might taste very good... but in the case of a Kaslana, this quote won't work.

''Oniichan...? Don't you want to eat it? Or is it because the cookie isn't good enough?'' Kiana said shyly and nervously as she lost confidence in her cookies when she saw how much Shiroi was hesitant to say anything about it.

As a person who adores his sister very much, Shiroi didn't want to see his little sister sad and so he decided to do so.

He took a cookie out of the container. And then as he slowly lifted it to his mouth, praying internally that it didn't kill his taste forever.