Chapter 16

Shiroi's PoV

Some time has passed since the accident with Kiana Cookies. Not much happened in our peaceful everyday life.

But due to some complications and reasons, we got a new roommate, Fu Hua.

And so, to welcome Fu Hua, I prepared...

Fried chicken with spicy scallion sauce, a classic meat and potato stew, sweet and sour pork, Ma Po tofu, roasted Peking duck, and to top it off a variety of tempura including prawns.

Yeah... I thought tempura turned out particularly well today. The shape is perfect and the crispiness is just right. Truly fine workmanship... I was so sure I would get at least a few comments... especially from Kiana... I was sure of it.

I chew this perfect tempura that I make but it didn't make me happy at all because of this situation.

I look to the side and look at Himeko while she looks at me like I'm someone who's just being unfaithful...

Auntie Theresa, for some reason, just smirked at me as she continued to eat.

Bronya eats her food in silence as always, but also wonders why everyone is silent.

Mei completely ignores me and gives me the cold shoulder as she pout and eats her food, which looks really cute. It's really rare that I see Mei like this as it's only happened once so far. That was when we were still in Chiba Academy. I still didn't know why she ignored me that time after I spent time with a few girls in our class.

Kiana also pouted while looking at me and then turned away when I looked at her.

''Hua... Do you know why everyone likes this?'' I whisper to her as she sat next to me.

''It's really interesting that you can't read this situation even though you're smart, Shiroi... but as the ancients say, "If you don't learn, you'll never change''.'' 

I don't think the ancient people say this because I bet you got this quote from the internet, but how am I supposed to interpret this situation when everyone is acting so strange?!

I could only let out a soft sigh.

Dinner continues in complete silence as their facial expressions change intermittently after eating my tempura. I don't know if they like it or not since I didn't get any praise...

*

*

*

Woah... They finish everything in silence as I look at the three empty rice cookers and empty plates.

What's with the fact that the only thing that was said throughout dinner was "More please"? I don't remember doing anything wrong at all!

With a sigh, I started washing the dishes with the help of the pouty Mei, who was still ignoring me.

''Um... Super beautiful Miss Raiden Mei... Why are you ignoring me?'' I said politely and looked at her, but she ignored me and didn't react at all to my playful words. 

Usually when I called her she would blush in embarrassment, but this time she didn't respond and continued to give me the cold shoulder while her expression was just as stoic as Bronya's.

I guess I'll use my last resort... I hope it just ends with a slap on my cheek...

Having decided, I slowly move closer to her without her noticing, lean my face closer to her and gently bite her right ear.

''KYAAAHH!'' 

*SLAP*

Without hesitation, Mei gave me a hard slap on the left cheek. I don't know why I use such a method, but Kiana has clearly influenced me a lot with her strange habit...