Chapter 18

Shiroi PoV

The situation was quickly escalating, as we were facing a Honkai beast capable of regenerating and adapting to our abilities. Despite our best efforts, we were making little progress. And to make matters worse, its abilities were reminiscent of my own, including the ability to adapt rapidly to changing circumstances.

We battled the beast for nearly ten minutes without any significant gains.

Mei struggled to catch her breath, looking worn out and worn down, and Lucia continued to fight alongside me with relentless determination.

"This dumb ability is driving me crazy! It's like we're fighting you, you girly boy!" Lucia complained as she dodged another lightning attack from the Honkai beast. She never missed an opportunity to insult me, even in the midst of battle.

All I could do was sigh and avoid the lightning attacks raining down on us from above. At first, the beast had no control over lightning, but after Mei attacked it, it adapted and was now capable of manipulating lightning, much like Mei.

If it weren't for my mana, there's no way I would have been able to generate lightning without a battlesuit.

"Mei, take a break and only attack when you find a gap!" I commanded in a firm tone, dodging a rain of lightning attacks from the Honkai beast. The creature was mostly focused on me, giving Lucia time to catch her breath.

Glancing sideways, I notice Mei's evident frustration at her inability to contribute much as she tightens her grip on the handle of her katana. She jumps back, resting against the wall, taking a moment to catch her breath.

Lucia, on the other hand, attacks the Honkai beast relentlessly without giving it any recovery time, but her efforts are fruitless as it continues to regenerate and even adapts to her attacks. The beast stomps the ground, causing the ground to shake and Lucia to lose her balance as it delivers a powerful punch to her with its giant fist.

Lucia barely manages to dodge the first blow, and the beast immediately swings a second punch at her.

With another powerful punch from its giant fist, the beast nearly lands a blow on Lucia, but I swiftly flash towards them and launch an axe kick at its fist, causing it to become embedded in the ground.

With the beast's fist immobilized, I dash up to its face and deliver a powerful kick to the jaw, sending it slamming into the wall. I manifest an ice sword in my hand and flash towards it, driving the blade deep into its chest. Empowered by my Honkai energy, I spread ice across its body until it is fully frozen, unable to move a muscle.

Knowing that this isn't enough to take down the beast for good, I release my grasp on the sword and take a few steps back.

✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤

Narrator PoV

Shiroi had seen countless beasts over the years, but none quite like the one before him now. He took a deep breath, allowing his mind to clear as he focused on the task at hand. Suddenly, a dimensional portal emerged beside him, a rift in space opening up to reveal his dimension pocket.

Reaching into the dimension pocket, Shiroi withdrew a black katana, crafted primarily from soulium and other rare materials. It was not a divine key, but its durability and strength nearly matched that of one. The katana could withstand Shiroi's immense mana and Honkai energy, allowing him to channel both into its blade.

As the Honkai beast remained frozen, it began to vibrate, its ice cracking and crumbling. Shiroi closed his eyes, taking a moment to steady himself before opening them once more.