Special Chapter 7 (Hot Springs adventure)

Narrator PoV

As Shiroi and the girls go deeper into the zombie-infested city, they continue clearing the area of zombies before taking a small break. Shiroi puts his broken sword back on his hip and stretches his body a little.

Shiroi: ''So... I don't sense any zombies or Honkai and demon beasts near us, i think we can look for a place to rest.'' 

Kiana: ''Phew... finally get rid of all these dead people. Mei-senpai, did you see how cool I was?'' Kiana puts her revolver in the holster on his hip and turns to Mei with her cheerful demeanor. Kiana gasped as she saw Mei sniffing herself. ''What do you smell there, Mei-senpai?'' 

Mei: ''Eh! No.... It's nothing!'' 

Bronya: ''Even though Mei-neesama smells like a corpse, Bronya doesn't care at all.'' Bronya said in her usual monotone with a stoic expression.

Mei: ''Really?! Bronya-chan, does it smell that bad? Please tell me the truth!'' Mei put her shoulder on Bronya and shook her a little.

Then Kiana came from behind and sniffed Mei and immediately pinches her nose, retreat away from Mei and stood behind Shiroi. Mei just looked shocked as she saw Kiana move away from her and stand behind Shiroi.

Mei: ''I want to curl up and die...'' She sulking and hugged her knee tightly and look very depress. 

Shiroi walks up to Mei and sniffs her, making Mei blush in surprise since his face was very close to hers.

Shiroi: ''For someone who hasn't bathed in four days, it doesn't smell that bad, and besides, we haven't bathed, so everyone here smells a little.'' Shiroi said, trying to comfort her while gently patting her back.

Kiana: ''That's right, Mei-senpai! You don't smell that bad, I was just fooling around with you.'' Kiana said, trying to comfort her too.

Bronya: ''But Niisama smells pleasant like a flower, even though Niisama, like us, hasn't bathed in many days and has even done most of the work.'' 

As Bronya said, Kiana and Mei sniffed Shiroi and he was a little startled by them. 

Kiana: ''Bronya is right! Oniichan smells really good.'' 

Mei: ''Did you bathe secretly, Shiroi? Your skin looks too smooth and clean for someone who hasn't showered in more than four days.'' Mei said curiously and Shiroi shook his head.

Shiroi: ''Of course not, I don't know myself, but my skin always looked clean, even if I didn't shower for a week during a mission.'' Shiroi said nonchalant and Mei looked at Shiroi a little jealously, wishing that her body would function like his body.

Mei: ''I wish I could take a hot bath, I feel like I'm rotting all over my body... or wish my body worked just like you, Shiroi.'' Mei said while she sulking again. 

Kiana: ''A hot bath? Yeah, we could totally use one right now... It would be so nice if we can have a hot spring.

Bronya: ''What is a hot spring?'' Bronya asks curiously. 

Shiroi: ''Essentially it is a source of water from the ground, but the water temperature will be higher than usual due to geothermal energy.'' 

Bronya: ''Understood, Geothermally heated aquifer.'' Bronya said and summons her project bunny and goes in search of a hot spring.

Kiana: ''Bronya? Where are you going?'' 

Bronya: ''To find a hot spring.'' 

------------------

After a while, Bronya was still looking for a hot spring as she scanned the ground with Project Bunny for any signs of heat emanating from the ground. Bronya has already made 10 holes and no water came out, only methane or natural gas.