Chapter 6

Shiroi PoV

Shiroi: ''So i think we should talk now, Mei...'' I said and she avoided looking at me. I never thought Mei would become a Herrscher. Life really doesn't go the way you want it to. ''You should know that I can be here all day... So please tell me, why are you trying to kill yourself?''

She raises her head and looks at me sadly with a little tears in her eyes. 

Mei: ''Shiroi... Please let me end my life... I would rather die than hurt you and Kiana... I- Ouch!'' I flicked her forehead and she made a pained noise and then rubbed her forehead with both hands. ''Why did you flick me in the forehead, Shiroi?!''

Shiroi: ''If you were a guy, I would have punched you in the face or slapped you on the cheek for want to end your life.'' I scolded her and kneel down to reach her eye level and then look into her eyes. ''Never say anything like that again. You are very important to me, Mei. I do not want to lose you. Not only would I be sad, but Kiana would be too. But, your father would be the most devastated if he found out that you wanted to end your life, Mei.'' 

Mei: ''Please Shiroi... I killed my classmates because I couldn't control my anger just because they treated me like a criminal. I can still see their eyes looking at me with hatred and disgust. I... I'm just a bad person, Shiroi.''

Shiroi: ''You are not Mei, I know you. You are a kind and caring girl who willingly does not harm anyone. You are helpful and always try to help people in need.'' I said reassuringly with a small smile. ''Besides, you can't be a bad person because you're a crybaby~'' I tease her to help her relax and not feel tense and depressed all the time. She immediately blushed when I called her a crybaby.

Mei: ''I'm not a crybaby! I only cried a few times, but I have a good reason for it!'' She tried to explain to me that she wasn't a crybaby and it was very amusing to see her try to deny it. I laughed at her and I could hear Kiana laughing too. Then she hit my chest several times and tried to look angry while pouting like a child. ''Don't laugh!'' 

Shiroi: ''Hehe, you look much better now than before. Your cute and beautiful embarrassed face is 100 times better than your sad face.'' I said with a bright smile and gently patted her head and Kiana whistled in appreciation like she was telling me how smooth I could talk. For some reason, Mei's face is also red. Did i tease her too much? ''Anyway...please come with us and don't throw your life away... please at least do it for me.''

I stand up and hold out my hand to her. 

Mei: ''But what if I hurt you if I lost control again? I can't stand to see you both hurt because of me.'' 

Shiroi: ''Don't worry about it, Mei. I'll just send her back to sleep.'' I said confidently and smiled cheekily at her. ''Trust me, Mei, I can put her back to sleep.'' 

After thinking for a while, she grabbed my hand and I pulled her back up.

Mei: ''Then I will trust you, Shiroi..'' She said with a smile and I smiled back. 

Suddenly Kiana hugs us tightly.

Kiana: ''Please don't do this again Mei-senpai! I thought I lost you forever after you fell off the edge of the rooftop.'' Kiana said, hugging us so tight it could break bones in a normal person. Luckily, Mei's body adapts to the Honkai energy, making her body stronger than a normal human's, otherwise I think Mei would already be screaming in pain. 

Mei: ''I'm sorry Kiana... I don't do it again.'' Mei said softly and patted her back and Kiana broke the hugs. 

I walking to the edge of the rooftop and look around the city. I was able to defuse some bombs south of Nagazora that I found yesterday after hacking the drone... but it was a trap as Cocolia lured me out of that area so she could carry out her plan... I never imagined that her plan was to awaken a Herrscher and the Herrscher was even Mei... I sighed inwardly at the Honkai outbreak.