Chapter 17

Shiroi's PoV

''Why did we let them capture us, Shiroi?'' Mei asked me curiously as she sat across from me in our cell. After we surrender, they lead us underground and lock us in a cell that suppresses our Honkai energy, including mana.

''It's simply unnecessary to fight each other. We have the same goal, just a different method. But I know for a fact that in normal circumstances the two will never work together. Anti-Entropy in particular didn't like Schicksal or Otto Apocalypse method...''

I explain to her and she thought about my words. Mei and the others certainly still view Schicksal as an organization with no downside.

I know the dark side of Schicksal very well.

And that's why I'm trying to change from the inside out, but as long as Otto is there, my movements are limited.

Otto is a dangerous man with a mindset like no other. He is unpredictable, but I know his weakness for my ancestor, Kallen Kaslana.

It wasn't that hard to know since he was literally making a game about her. His obsession could be used against him, but even then he will be difficult to deal with.

After all, he is a merciless man who sacrifices innocent people to achieve his goal without remorse. Therefore, it is better to stay close to him instead of being his enemy.

''But why couldn't they fight together? Ultimately, our goal is to destroy Honkai forever and save humanity.'' Mei asked me with a serious expression. After all, she is really a curious and intelligent girl.

''Anti-Entropy has a history with Schicksal that isn't really a good one. You girls wouldn't learn it at St. Freya's because Schicksal didn't deem it important for history lessons. I would like to tell you more, but our guests are coming.'' I said, my gaze sweeping over the cell bars to where a certain person was standing, from the other side of the cell bars.

I don't think we're really that lucky if I meet her here of all places. She's like Welt Joyce, a clone... but she's my clone. Her DNA is made up of mine and a demon lord who was killed many years ago when I was a still child.

I've met her a few times but she always tries to start a fight against me because she wants to beat me because I'm the original.

Don't ask me why she's a girl. I think it's mostly because of the Demon Lord's DNA, because her DNA is mostly made up of the Demon Lord's DNA.

''What do we have here... The famous white knight locked in a cell. I didn't think my original would sink so low.'' She sneers at me, really enjoying seeing me behind the cell.

She looks similar to me but her eyes are heterochromatic as her eyes were deep red and blue. Her facial expression is always serious and stiff.

''Lucia

''Lucia... I didn't think you would be here.'' I said, ignoring her mocking word about me from earlier.

''What does she mean by original, Shiroi?'' Mei asked me and I saw Lucia's lips curl into a slight smile.