Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Weeks passed, and it had taken sometime for Emilia to settle into this strange new place, but after a while she had begun to get the hang of it. Or at least she thought she did.

She had fought with the girl called Sarah a few more times. Sarah seemed to have developed a pure hatred for Emilia since being kicked in the mouth. She certainly had it in for Emilia, seemingly having sworn vengeance against her.

Emilia never took this seriously of course, and in all honestly barely thought of her. Simply continuing with her day-to-day life.

Over the days and weeks that had passed since she first entered the school, Emilia had made many friends, and she seemed to have become well-liked by many of the people around her, including the teachers. Emilia had thought that she was doing well all in all. Despite being punished a few times by some of the teachers for various minor reasons. Missing homework, turning up late, feeding Sarah a mayonnaise-filled donut, buttering the floor in front of Sarah's dorm-room, playing a prank on Sarah involving coke and mentos, putting hot-sauce in Sarah's food, dumping flour on Sarah from high places multiple times, putting food-dye in Sarah's toothpaste and making her teeth green, putting clingfilm across doors, fake spiders in her bed. It was a good thing that Emilia was friends with Sarah's roommate.

All in all, Emilia was rather pleased with everything.

Sarah on the other hand, not so much.

Sarah's roommate was the girl was green hair called Shannon. Emilia still thought of her as a cabbage, though she would never admit it out loud. Not at this point anyway. It was a good thing Shannon was such a good sport when it came to pranking Sarah. She would never take part in the pranks herself, but if she knew about them, she would keep silent. And for that, Emilia was grateful.

Shannon and Sarah weren't exactly close friends. They got along well enough, though didn't really click. But their friendship had grown over time due to the amount of time they spent together in their classes, despite their differences. And of course, the time they spent together in their dorms.

Emilia was grateful for her own roommate. She and Gloria got along very well, and had become good friends.

Some days later

Emilia was lying on her side on the grass now, beneath the shade of a large apple tree. She rested with her arm folded beneath her head, sipping from a carton of orange juice as she dozed off.

She opened her eye as she heard movement, seeing a figure coming towards her.

Emilia smiled upon seeing her friend.

'Hey Tulip' Emilia grinned, sitting up and tucking her legs beneath her.

Tulip slowed to a stop as she reached her.

'What are you doing out here by yourself?' she asked Emilia.

'Me?'

'Well yeah, who else am I talking to?' Tulip smiled, raising her eyebrows expectantly.

'Oh. Nothing. Not really. Just resting. It's nice to get some alone time every once in a while. I was just enjoying the peace and sipping a bit of juice.'

Emilia lifted the little carton and began slurping loudly through the straw.

'You know I hate it when you do that' Tulip scowled.

'Do what?'

'Ugh.' Tulip placed a hand upon her hip, rolling her eyes upwards to the leafy canopy above. 'Anyway' she went on, 'I wanted to ask if you were ready to go swimming.'