Chapter 21

Chapter 21

After the moment they shared together on that little hill, Emilia and Shannon began to date. They made it official, and would even be affectionate out in public, which Emilia liked very much.

On one of these days Shannon was sitting on Emilia's lap. It was a lovely day and everyone was outside enjoying the sun.

'God, will you two get a room' Gloria rolled her eyes.

'We would love that very much' Emilia replied without looking away from Shannon.

The two were smitten with each other, once the initial awkwardness had worn off, they were in their full honeymoon swing.

'That's actually a great idea' Shannon said, holding Emilia's face tendering in her hands, before hugging her tightly. 'I would love to share a room with Emilia.'

'Well too bad' Gloria said in a monotone as she took a bite from her sandwich. 'I'm not moving all my stuff just so you guys can have sex.'

'You don't have to move your stuff for that' Emilia grinned.

'Ew!' Gloria recoiled. 'You both better stay away from my bed!'

Before Emilia had the chance to reply with something sarcastic, which was inevitable for her, Gloria tossed a book over to her, smacking her squarely in the side of the head.

'Ow!'

'It's been too long since you've read poetry' Gloria told her. 'Maybe you should start reading poetry.'

'Hey that's a great idea' Emilia beamed, looking back at Shannon who continued to straddle her.

Both continued to gaze at the other adoringly.

'Scratch that' Gloria interrupted. 'I changed my mind. You'll only read something romantic.'

'How about this' Emilia suggested, 'I'll fence with you and if I win, I can read as many romantic poems as I like and you can't complain.'

Gloria turned towards Emilia with a smirk.

'You're on loser.'

Shannon went to go get the equipment while Emilia and Gloria stayed where they were, trying to focus, mentally preparing for the face-off. Emilia more-so, she knew her skills were still lacking.

Shannon returned shortly after, carrying everything.

The two girls changed quickly, putting on the white jackets, masks and gloves and everything else that the fencing class provided.

Emilia and Gloria moved a few steps away to flatter ground, facing each other.

Upon the gentle slope of the hill a nearby, Shannon watched.

Minutes later, all three girls were sitting once more, the fencing clothes folded neatly and placed on a bag to keep it clean from the green grass.

Emilia was sulking.

'Oh, come on' Gloria sang, unable to keep the smugness from her voice. 'You moved too fast, you need to do a better job studying your opponent and make the right move, not act impulsively.'

'You couldn't even let yourself lose this one time to help my confidence?' Emilia grumbled sullenly, looking away.

'Not a chance!' Gloria sang. 'Why on earth would I do that?'

'To make me look good in front of my new girlfriend?' Emilia replied.

'Don't be ridiculous' Gloria laughed.