29 - Stubborn Streak

Fraser

The blood that begins to flood my mouth completely takes over me. I groan as my senses are suddenly swamped with hazy, astounding pleasure.

She tastes just as amazing as I thought she would. No. Better, better than I ever could have dreamed of and more. I wouldn't have believed such a mouthwatering taste could exist. It is something that has to be tasted to know truly of its existence.

Not only do I feel immense satisfaction as I greedily gulp it down, but a new, burning registers deep inside me. Its unfamiliar and yet I know exactly what it is. Its a confirmation. Admittedly, a confirmation of what I already suspected.

This girl is my mate. The weight that this new knowledge holds staggers me, and my hands clench slightly to keep my balance. Unfortunately, i had forgotten how delicate the thing in my hands is.

She flinches, but doesnt try to pull away. I automatically curse myself, losing my hands by never stopping the flow of the perfect, willing meal.

I will have to be more careful now, knowing what I do, and being mated to one as breakable as Ailsa.

My thoughts begin to race, even as I drink my fill. I can't slow my brain as it reacts to the live wire sensation of ecstasy that exploded through my veins.

This is what heaven feels like, surely. There's no other way to compare this joy.

Now that I am certain she is mine, my fated mate granted to me by the Moon Goddess, I need to plan the future much more carefully.

Escape is not an option, it's the only thing I can do. It's no longer just me against this world, no longer just me trapped down here. It's Ailsa's life on the line, Ailsa's happiness, her heart. I must get us out of here, and soon.

She's the other half of me, the missing piece to my soul. My survival and very livelihood is dependent on her and her alone.

The idea of it should displease me, by all logic I should be infuriated, but I'm not. I'm thrilled. I'm more pleased than I ever thought I could be in this life.

It's refreshing to know that I'm not alone anymore, and I won't be from here on out.

The old me used to dread having a mate. Someone who was everything to me? I absolutely loathed the idea, and I avoided women because of it. The fear of putting my life in the hands of another was great, and I didn't see the benefits of being mated, other than the obvious that is. Regular blood and regular sex.

Those benefits are the last thing on my mind now.

I slow my drinking, letting it fizzle to a lazy stop. I can't take too much from her. Ailsa is weak and all too willing to let me drink to my hearts content.

I lap at the puncture with my blood soaked tongue, sealing the wound and leaving nothing but small, light pink marks where my teeth had been.

Looking up at her, all the rewards of having Ailsa in my life.

Her cheeks are flushed, lids hooded with delight and fascination.

"Why did that feel so... so..." She trails off, leaving her wrist in my hand with not so much as a tug to retreat it.

"Good?" I supply, and try to hide my grin when her face floods red, redder than ever before.

Of course she would be taught that pleasure is shameful. Narrow minded humans. They don't know how to enjoy what is freely given. Something so natural should never be villainized.