30 - You Are Strong

Ailsa

Everything is dark. I blinked, and I blinked again, but nothing appeared to me through the dimness. I tried to move my hands, but they were locked in place. I wrenched my arms up, trying to pull away from the weight that kept me down. All I seemed to accomplish was making my bones groan in agony as they took the brunt of the movement.

My throat took precedence suddenly, demanding attention away from my bound hands. My throat is so dry and tight, a feeling unlike anything I've experienced before. It was painful, and I wished that my hands were free just so that I could grapple at my neck, almost as if that would somehow give me an idea of what the sensation was and where it was coming from. I briefly wondered if something was tied around my neck.

I didn't know where I was, although it felt familiar to me somehow, like I had been here, and not just once, but as if I had been here many many times, but this time it felt different. It felt awful.

"I can't believe this. Are you actually trying to escape?" The voice was deep and rich, and all too familiar to me as I dreamed about it often.

"Fraser!" I exclaimed, reeling as my head began to pound with pressure as I tried to turn. I twisted, trying to look around in the darkness for him, but pain exploded down my back. I choked as the motion sent a jolt straight to my mouth that felt like sand.

I lick my lips, finding them cracked and tasting of blood. My teeth were... sharp. I slid my tounge along the edge. Razor sharp canines met my proding.

"Don't act so surprised."

The disembodied voice of the man I love seemed to taunt me, but that couldn't be right. Fraser isn't like that he would never do something like that. Why was he speaking to me like this?

"Where am I? What's happening?" I twisted again, ignoring the agony sweeping through my whole body.

A dark, thundering chuckle reverberated through the air, making me suddenly aware of how frigid it is in the place. The clothes on my back felt tattered and torn to shreds against my bare skin, not nearly enough to keep me from shivering

"How adorable, you actually have the gall to be confused? You act as if you don't know what's happening, as if you don't deserve this? As if you haven't brought this all upon yourself?"

His voice echoed, the deep richness of his timbre confusing me. I usually loved the way his words make me quiver, but now all they made me feel was afraid.

"Where are you? Please, Fraser, please." My voice was unsteady, alien to even my own ears. "Please come out and we can talk about this. Please, I don't understand any of this, I just..."

I gasp as a new wave of pain exploded down my back again.

"Agh, what.. what is that? What is happening?" I begged, trying, and failing once again, to move my arms. It was no use, all the struggling just put me in more pain than ever. I wanted to howl.

"Not so fun is it?" Fraser sounded pleased, amused even, but each word seemed to ring with foreboding.

A light appeared suddenly, and I blinked against the new brightness. A candle had been lit not too far away. It flickered to life, dancing across my field of vision, and lighting up the man that I had grown to hold so dear.

He looked different than the way I've always known him. Gone is his beard, his scraggly hair trimmed as well. Fraser is clean and dressed in a kilt and smooth white shirt made of linen.

Those are not the only differences though.

He was on the other side of bars, but not the right side