35 - Dangerous Person

Light TW for SA
Close call / implication
Please read at your own discretion

Ailsa

By the time the sun has fallen and the sky has turned a deep blue, I'm completely decided.

I won't be marrying Douglas. It's a firm decision, one that wont be taken back now that it's been made. I would rather die than marry the filthy boy with a filthy mind.

If I'll die anyway, then why not make it on my own terms?

The grin that makes an appearance on my face won't fade, it's permanently in place while I get ready for bed, thinking of the exciting plan that I've finally decided is my fate. Nothing can erase this dream, nothing can stop me now.

Fraser and I will run away together, and we'll run far away where no one can find us or hurt us.

The plan isn't solid, besides the strong determination I have to make it happen, but I don't know anything besides that. The key is still a mystery, and how I can possibly sneak out enough supplies is also an issue.

My confidence assures me that all those things will be dealt with and I have nothing to worry about. Everything will work out because it has to. I've been dealt a bad hand, but there must be something good in the future to make up for it, there just has to be.

Life comes with good and bad, its about the balance of the give and the take.

Gentry notices my good mood as she undoes my twirling hairdo and brushes out my locks. She gives me an odd look as we meet eyes in the mirror.

"Are you that pleased, lass?" She wonders, and I nod ruefully, the curls left from my hairstyle bouncing along with my head.

"So you are glad at your father's choice?" Gentry presses further, tilting her head doubtfully as if the iea is impossible.

I laugh, covering my mouth to keep my humor contained. So, it would seem even she thinks little of my betrothed.

"No, but I will admit I am feeling more optimistic." I say, snuggling into my nightgown that she pulks over my head. "I'm happy."

Surely that's easy enough to understand.

She doesn't push the subject anymore, even letting a yawn slip herself as she tucks me into bed and leaves me be for the night.

After all the candles are extinguished and the clan has retired to their beds, I come out of hiding.

I can't wait to see Fraser after making my decision. I'm going to tell him all about it, and propose our life together from here on out. I hope he'll accept. I hope he'll be as excited as I am. I hope beyond hope that he'll have an idea to execute the dangerous escape we need to make.

I'll inform of his vampire friend lurking in the trees outside, and maybe that man will help us too. It will all fall into place just as it was always meant to.

Tonight, as I stroll through the halls to my love, theres a slight bounce in my step due to my happy mood.

I feel invincible tonight. The air smells sweeter and my body feels looser. It's as if nothing can go wrong, but I can't say I'm right about things very often.

My body is seized and shoved in a dark alcove, hot breath on my neck and a dark, high pitched laugh forced into my ear. My lantern goes flying and it shatters somewhere in the dark, the light vanishing with the force of it.