Chapter 3

I stand at the back by the door, starting at the prince. Oh my, he is gorgeous and that smile ah. If only I had a chance but no, I mean look at me I'm a mess and besides I am a servant, a poor one at that. Besides he is getting married to Lady Syria, ugh who would want to marry that? You're probably like what? I thought that was his sister, no that is his fiancée. They were arranged to get married by the king and Lady Syria's father but only because the king wanted this kingdom and the other kingdom to have peace and the only way was if the prince married Lady Syria. I feel really bad for him, yea she is beautiful but her attitude is hideous and she is so mean.

" So, hunting season starts tomorrow my prince, are you ready?" Lady Syria asks smiling.

" More than you know, we are going to hunt a lot of animals, " The prince says.

" Lady Syria, you should join them, " The king says. " It would give you a chance to see what our woods look like and how to get around "

" Oh, I don't know...I've never been hunting before, I wouldn't know what to do, " She says. What she really meant to say was " Eww, no. The woods are disgusting and those creatures, eek, no way "

" The prince will teach you, show you around...and it will give you guys some time to talk and stuff, " The king says.

" Fine, I guess but can I bring my maid?" She asks. Ayee, the woods. I love the woods and nature, the animals are so cute. I've been in the woods before, so much fun" Of course " The king smiles." Ok then, it is settled " She fake smiles. Yes, we going to the woods.***Later on that night  I lay flat on one of the " beds,"  . This is really uncomfortable, but anyways I can't fall asleep. I miss my mum and brother and David. I really hope they are okay, cause if they aren't I don't know how I'll be able to live. All three of them are my life, they always seem to put a smile on my face, not a day goes by that I don't smile with them around. God, please let them be alive. Since I am up, why don't I go and explore? I get up off the so called bed, fix the itchy nightgown they gave us  and silently tiptoe out of the room. I shut the door silently and stand by it. Oh my, it is really dark. I grab one of the light torch and start walking. I walk down one if the corridors and down the stairs, I walk down a whole bunch of stairs til I hit the basement? Wow, I start walking towards one of the doors that had light gleaming from a crack at the bottom of the door. I open the door and walk inside. What is this place? I put the torch on one of the holes in the door. Then I walk over to the desk. There were a bunch of papers laying there, they look like maps of a kingdom. Why do they have maps of a kingdom? Mmm, I pick one up and look through it. The kingdom of Dragomir, one of this kingdom's rivalry most hated rivalry. Why do they have a  map of their kingdom?And why are there X's and arrows?

" Hey! Put that down, you aren't supposed to be in here " I hear one of the guards say. I look up and drop the map.

" Sorry, I was looking for uh the b-bathroom?" I say.

" Are you asking me or telling me?..It doesn't matter, leave now " He orders I quickly head for the door, but he stops me.

" And don't tell a soul what you saw here, is that understood? " He asks. I nod my head then scurry out the room. I shut the door then walk the same direction I came. I was turning the corner when I bumped into somebody. Great, I keep bumping into people. Be alert and attentive next time Yn.

" I am sorry, are you okay?" I hear that familiar deep voice ask. I look up and make eye contact with the prince.

" uh, yea yea, I am fine. It was my fault, I wasn't paying attention " I say.