Chapter 17

" What happened? I want to know everything!" A male voice demands.

" I-I don't know-

" What do you mean you don't know?!" The voice barks.

" I-I...We-

" You don't have to shout at the girl. It wasn't her fault, it was mine. They were on their over to you when Camilla bumped her out of the way. Since I was close by I indulged her in a conversation then a maid came over with a drink. She didn't want to take the drink because she thought it alcohol. But I told her it wasn't, because It wasn't. Then she drank it. I shouldn't have allowed her to take it " Another male voice says.

" This whole thing is your fault! I understand the fact that you hate me, but that doesn't mean you should go after my wife! " The first voice shouts.

" I didn't know! I would never think hurting her " The second voice says.

" ....I have better things to worry about  than you. Take him away!" Daniel orders.

" Wait what?! You can't do that!" Joseph shouts.

" I am King, I can do whatever I desire " He says. There is rustling and shouting then it falls silent. After a minute or two I hear footsteps coming my way. Then a soft comforting hand brush my forehead." You may go "

" * Sighs * This is all my fault. You wouldn't be here if I was with you the whole time. I'm so sorry Y/N, please don't leave. I love you " Daniel says his voice cracking a bit.

" I love you too " I croak.

" Y/N?! Oh my God. You're alive " He says grabbing my hand.

" I think I'm alive, but I can't see anything " I say.

" That's because your eyes are closed. Open them " He says rubbing my hand.

" I-I can't " I say.

" What do you mean you can't? Just lift your eyelids " He says.

" I can't. They won't open" I cry.

" Astra!!" He shouts.

" What is it your majesty?" A voice calls. I think it's a guard.

" Call Astra now!!" He shouts.

" I can't see anything Daniel " I croak

" Don't worry, Astra will fix this. Just calm down " He says.

" What if he can't fix it?! I won't be able to see you or...or our child " I say.

" Don't say that Y/N. Astra will fix this. You'll be able to see again. You'll be able to see me and our child " He tries to assure me while rubbing my stomach.

" You can't be so sure about that " I say.

" I can and I am " He says.

" But-

" Your majesty, you summed " A voice says. A voice I knew belonged to Astra.

" She is awake, but she can't see anything " Daniel says.

" Oh, I have something for that. Let us just hope it works " He answers then I hear footsteps and a door opening. Then a bunch of glasses start being moved.

" What is he doing?" I ask.

" Looking for something " Daniel answers.

" Found it " Astra calls. " Now I need you to help her sit up and tilt her head back.

" Alright. Give me your hands " Daniel says. I stretch my hands out waiting for him to grab it. Once he gets a hold of my hands he lifts me up. Sits me up straight. " Alright now, tilt your head back "