Chapter 21

Daniel took me down to Astra's room and waited with me while he examined my ankle.

"Does it hurt?" Astra questions while he lift up the ankle.

I nod my head and hiss in pain when he touches the wound. He walks over to a counter with bottles filled with substances. He grabs a bottle that had a brown substance in it. He walks back over to me and opens the bottle.

I turn my head to side as he rubs the substance onto my ankle. I notice Daniel sit down and make a face like he is also in pain.

"Daniel are you alright?" I ask worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine " He slightly smiles.

"Your grace, your ankle it's bleeding" Tristan says calling attention towards Daniel's ankle.

"I'm fine, I'm fine don't worry about it " He says waving him off while rolling up his pant to see the scar on his ankle.

"Daniel you need to get it wrapped. What happened?" I ask concern written all over my voice.

"It's the bond remember, whatever happens to one of you happens to the other " Astra says reminding us.

"Right. Well I'm fine, like I said. Worry about her not me " He says rolling his pant down.

"Your high-

Daniel gives Tristan a look making him shut up.

Astra brings his attention back to me and continues to wrap my ankle. I shake my head and sigh, I don't understand why he has to be so stubborn.

Once Astra wrapped up my ankle and gave me medicine to sooth the pain, I was brought back to my room. I shut the door and laid on my bed closing my eyes.

After a while Daniel walks in and sits next to me on the bed.

"Are you okay my love?"He asks taking a hold of my hand and rubbing it.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I lie.

"No you're not. Don't lie to me, just let me-

"I'm pretty tired, I'm going to just sleep" I say turning onto my side and lifting the covers over me.

He sighs then says, "Alright, I'll let you sleep."  He leans over me and plants a kiss on the side of my head then he gets up and leaves the room.

Sighing, I let the tears drop one by one. I ask myself countless of times "why does this keep happening to me?" But I've yet to find the answer. I just want to be happy and enjoy my life, not worrying about some lunatic trying to harm my child and I.

I will find out what is happening and who is responsible for this, no matter what.

As I lay there, a thought suddenly dawned on me. The lady from the village, she knew that someone was trying to harm my child....so she must know more.

I throw the covers off of me and get off the bed. As soon as my feet hit the ground and I start to stand up, I instantly sat right back on the bed. The pain was too much for me.

Sighing I sit up and cover myself once again. I'll wait until the pain isn't as much before I go and see that lady.....better yet I'll have someone bring her to me.

"GUARD!!!" I yell and a second later one of the guards come in.

"My lady, what's the problem?" He asks frantically.