Successor

"Huh? Where am I?"

 A primordial mass of chaos, personified in the colour of red drowned in an endless well of darkness. The darkness was suffocating.... and traumatising. He was a king, a monarch- a God. An embodiment of destruction and chaos birthed from the eldritch darkness older than time.

The ancient god of destruction writhed and twisted in agony as he drowned in the abyss of darkness. His immense power, which had once caused worlds to crumble and civilizations to fall, was now useless against the unrelenting forces of the abyss.

As he sank deeper into the darkness, he felt his consciousness slipping away, replaced by a primal urge to destroy. The abyss fed on his darkness, drawing it out of him and amplifying it until it consumed him completely.

What happened? Why am was he here? He racked his brain over thousands of questions that kept popping in my mind, one after another. But no matter what he thought or hypothesised only one thing came to mind.

He lost and died at the hands of Shadow Monarch, Ashborn- or maybe his successor. It was entirely possible. Although he lacked the necessary strength to defeat him, his absolute authority over death was what made him troublesome. He had trapped him in an immaterial void, devoid of light, sound, or form. It was a place of absolute nothingness, a vacuum that sucked the very essence of his being.

As he struggled to keep his head above the void, Antares felt his power waning. His ability to destroy, once his greatest strength, was now useless in this emptiness. He felt himself slipping away, his consciousness fading into the void.

Drawing conclusions over his death..... then that means, the fragment of soul He separated from his body somehow got successful in living for so long and didn't just fade away.

Hy may not able to do anything but he can at least choose a successor and make him inherit his malice and craving for destruction. Controlling the host is impossible but it may still have a chance if the host succeeds in handling the draconic heart.

He had to separate one of his two hearts, resulting in him getting weak during the fight against the Shadow Monarch. Just like Ashborn had two hearts, the heart of creation and the heart of destruction he handed his most powerful one to his successor. While Antares could no longer give the true heart of destruction he can still give the successor the power to utilise destruction.

Shaking his metaphorical head to snap out of his self-deprecating thoughts he focused on the nearest suitable host. He rummaged through multiple worlds, looking for anyone suitable enough to inherit his powers- no inheriting it wasn't an issue. The real issue was being able to handle it, withstand the madness that came with it. The item that The Architect had made for him was searching for one useless human after another.

Humans were strange beings. They dwelled in almost every world. They were like an infestation, rodents... littered everywhere, having no value, living their lives with no specific purpose. The device produced a slight hum, vibrating, as the scenery in front of him changed and focused on a particular world, decillion of miles away from the earth he lost his last battle.

It looked oddly similar to earth, just a few million years earlier before the puny humans started to destroy everything vaguely beautiful about it. He scoffed at himself for calling humans 'puny' or 'rodents' as he myself was searching for a human vessel.

The image zoomed, as the tiny wandering planet's lands came into view. The sides of his vision became blurry as it started to rummage through the planet. The view changed to that of a bird view and then zoomed at a particular point in the forest. He narrowed his eyes, waiting for his potential successor. He clicked his tongue in disappointment. It was a small child. He watched him as he kept comforting a girl his age, with long ears- maybe Frost's descendant.