Aether

(A/N meant to have this out earlier, but I am fasting and stayed up all night and thankfully with the privilege of no school for two weeks I sort of got knocked out on my own bed. My apologies)

Arthur's head rested comfortably between his mother and father, the warmth of their embrace, a sensation he had long but nearly forgotten now rekindled, while he sat and narrated his journey from the time he had fell of the cliff.

Of-course some minor details were removed such as his encounter with Sylvia and the fact he had resided with the elven royalty.

 "Now that you've shared all the details about your accommodation and stay, would you mind telling us what happened to your hair and eyes? Additionally, could you please introduce us to your companions here?" Reynolds inquired, shifting his attention back and forth between the two quiet individuals situated at opposite ends of the beds.

"You can call me Jin for short," Jin woo responded with an innocent wave of his hands.

"It's lovely to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Leywin. I'm Sylvia," she said, her demeanor and tone a complete contrast to Jin woo's. As she gently stroked Sylvie's ears, she beamed a delightful smile at the couple.

"These two have been taking care of me for all this time, the change in my appearance is because of my complete integration with my beast will, these two are the reason my core hadn't blown", he explained. His father's eyes widened while his mom just extended her hands and pulled him into a tight, loving embrace.

"Thank you" she muttered to Jin woo and Sylvia, her eyes were still red from crying so much. Responding to her with a solemn smile, a thought clicked into Reynolds minds as he decided to break the silence in the most unremarkable way possible,

"Son, what core are you now?", he asked. The question was way too out of context making Arthur want to facepalm the life out of himself. However, it was a good thing as it elevated everyone's mood. 

"Good to know he hasn't changed" Jin woo solemnly chuckled, his words only being transmitting through the mental connection the three shared, however Arthur was still contemplating how he should answer his father's question.

"How about we start with you dad"

Buying a few precious moments of time he started conversing with the two, "what should I do" his panicked voice confused Sylvia who was they first to respond.

"Dear, you need to have people you can trust with your secrets besides us. If your family isn't one of them then I don't know who else you can trust" hearing her reassuring words he prepared himself for what was to come.

"Your old man finally broke from his bottleneck, and I am at the dark orange stage", Reynold's said with a proud grin while flexing his biceps, "Not bad dad", Arthur said as he stood up from his seat, stretching his body.

I'm intrigued. You seem quite dissatisfied, so could you tell me about your core and what level it's currently at?" he asked, sporting an enthusiastic smile reminiscent of a child who had just received a new toy.

"Solid Silver"

A hush fell over the room as Reynolds' azure eyes stared blankly at Arthur, his mind struggling to process the information that had just been revealed. Alice's gaze remained fixed on an empty space, her mind still trying to come to terms with the news.

"3,2...1"

As the realization finally sank in, Jin began humming a melodious tune while counting down from three to one, and the family's expressions changed accordingly.

"Holy shi- Son! Come to the backyard. We're sparring right now," Reynolds exclaimed, but his words were cut off as Alice exuded a threatening, dark aura, causing him to quickly shut his mouth and refrain from cursing.