Control

(A/N Hope you like long chapters because this is well over 4000 words.)

As Arthur pushed the gates open, a fierce intent surged forth from within them, overwhelming Ceara and causing her to collapse to the ground. The barbaric intent, caused her to cough and retch as bile rose in her throat. Though she wrapped herself in a veil of mana, it was clear that the intent behind this pressure was not of a mana induced one.

The sheer density of the aetheric force was too much for her to bear, and even Arthur was not unaffected as sweat formed on his forehead while he faced the monstrous creature before them. The very foundations of the cave trembled, and a crevice appeared in the ceiling above.

A dragon towered over them, its massive body coiled and ready to strike. Its scales were so black that it seemed to absorb light, making it difficult to discern its true form. The color so dark Arthur could have mistook it as one of Jin woo's summons . The darkness of its scales was broken only by the bright golden runes that formed around it, tracing intricate patterns across its body. The runes grew brighter and more concentrated around its forehead, forming designs so intricate and beautiful that they could only be the work of a divine artist.

Its eyes were the only thing that seemed to emit any light. The dragon's gaze was fixed on them, its lavender irises glowing brightly in the darkness. But there were no pupils to be seen, just an endless expanse of lavender that seemed to draw them in, trapping them in its mesmerizing gaze.

The sheer power emanating from the dragon was overwhelming, causing the air to vibrate and the ground to tremble beneath their feet. It let out a deafening roar, a sound so loud that it seemed to shake the very foundations of the earth.

"Aa-arthur." Ceara stuttered Arthur's name, struggling to stand up. She looked bewildered, unable to comprehend what was happening around her.

However strange delight lit up within Arthur's eyes.

Arthur advanced towards the dragon, seemingly unbothered by its imposing presence. As he approached, golden streaks appeared in the air, coalescing into a single shape like a symbiotic entity. Before long, a brilliant golden blade formed in his hand, its surface shimmering with a deep crimson hue.

"It's been a while since my blood felt this hot." Arthur bellicose nature becoming rather dominant.

Ensuring that Ceara was at a safe distance, Arthur activated his spatial warp, feeling his body warp and twist through the fabric of space-time. When he reappeared, he was hovering above the dragon's back, his body weightless and nimble, like a feather caught in the wind. The rush of adrenaline filled his veins as he felt the power of his white core surging within him.

As soon as he appeared he had to act quickly as the dragon's leathery tail came swinging towards him. With a quick and nimble movement, Arthur dodged the attack, barely escaping its deadly reach. The wind from the dragon's tail rush past him, sending his hair flying in all directions.

Arthur's eyes locked onto the dragon's back as he steadied himself mid-air, readying himself for his next move - it was odd, aether was meant to coat his presence but the dragon had reacted damn near instantly.

Was it because of its own aether efficiency?

A surge of adrenaline rushed through Arthur as the dragon unleashed a torrent of aether from its gaping maw. He instinctively dodged a streak of purple light that narrowly missed him, the heat of its passing singeing his skin. Though Arthur knew he could survive the attack, the pain it would inflict upon him was unbearable, even for someone with his resilience.

"If the Indrath clan made you they sure put a lot of work into you," Arthur remarked before vanishing to the dragon's side. Several gusts of wind swirled around him solidifying into wind blades , but before he could react, the dragon's hind leg struck him, sending him hurtling into a nearby wall with a resounding thud.