Shifting power - (Season 1 Finale)

Long aburn hair draped down her shoulders.

The spoon in her hand traveled towards a cheery little girl with Ashen hair.

As Alice brought the spoon to her second child's mouth, a warm sensation encompassed her heart as she witnessed the little girl munch down the food...But with the new source of happiness came a sense of mourning from the loss of the other.

It had been three years since she had lost Arthur. Not one night throughout the years had passed were she wouldn't mourn or weep her self to bed.

It took some time and with the support of Ellie's birth she had slowly but surely started recovering. She had got well acquainted with Tabitha who would support her in any situation necessary, that being helping her bringing herself to terms with Arthur's death, going out on a shopping spree like life time old friends ether way it felt good to have people to rely on.

It happened subconsciously but she would always look back at the cherished memories she had of Arthur.

Even after Ellie's birth she still believed Arthur had been the most adorable baby she had witnessed. She would find it adorable when his little azure eyes would flick around their little cottage or Village, taking in everything around him, a thing she had always found strange and sometimes she swore she could feel Arthur trying to...

Talk to someone.

His eyes would look up at the air and sometimes giving a variety of expressions despite nothing being directed at him... she found it strange but she couldn't really think of a way to explain it, and Arthur had managed to sneak his way out of trouble with nothing but a pleading look.

"Knock"

Her brown eyes locked back to reality at the sound, her eyes traced the head maid making her way to answer the door.

"Let's see who it is mama"

Ellie excitedly squealed out and sprinted off before Alice could stop her from doing so. Ellie ran behind the maid with Alice on tow with Ellie's boil of food trying to stop the little girl from greeting everyone that nocked on their door step.

"Eleanore how man tim-"

Her words choked in her own throat, the bowl of food she held crashed down to the ground staining the food over the floor. Her emotions were a turmoil, there stood a boy with fiery hair and dazzling golden eyes...

He didn't look like her son but every last fragments of her being yelled at her that he was, the brims of the boys eye lids started to build up with tears as well. She looked behind the boy to see two other children around the age of 14, the girl held a white fox on her shoulder her lavender eyes gazed at her with a kind fondness.

The black haired boy started at her with a smile that indicated as if he had known her for years.

"A-arthur? Is that you?... is that really you?" She asked, her voice breaking as her eyes shined under the Light producing artefact, tears brimming in her eyes.

Arthur replied with a weak nod, his words held back by the sobs that were barely contained.

She took a step forward

.

.

Then another. Her pace increased with every frantic step she took, until she was running towards him at full throttle. His golden eyes stung from holding back the tears for too long, his vision becoming blurry.

Alice reached for him, wrapping her arms around his waist. He held his ground firmly, bearing the brunt of her dash. She stooped lower to match his height which was unusually tall. Arthur's attention was diverted as the corner of his eyes saw his dad running towards the two. His sprint faltered for a moment, probably taken aback by the changes in him but he kept running and tackled the two into a bear hug.