×PART 1×

(A/N: Hello, Darlings. So sorry about this chapter. I was nearly 12 chapters in before I realized that the first part of this one was missing, so I immediately went back to add that in. If you didn't understand the beginning of the story before, this might help a bit. Again, so sorry, but it's fixed now.)

Harry James Potter was a blind boy with raven black hair and green eyes that hid behind his bangs, and a more feminine body than most boys. Harry lived with his Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon, and Cousin Dudley. He was as normal as anyone, at least until he turned 11, and his entire world was turned upside down and inside out at the same time.

At 8 am sharp, on Harry's 11th birthday, the Dursley's doorbell rang. Standing on the porch was a man with a deep voice, and if he could see, Harry would have noticed that he was middle-aged. He claimed to be an old friend of Harry's parents from school and Aunt Petunia reluctantly let him in.

The man's footsteps entered the living room, where Harry was sitting on the couch reading. Something lightly hopped up onto the couch with him and rubbed against his arm with a meow. The man, whose name was Severus Snape from what Harry could hear, had brought a cat with him.

Aunt Petunia: The boy on the couch is Harry, James and Lilly's son. He was born fully blind, so he can't do much to help when it comes to chores.

Harry: Hello, sir. It's nice to meet you. Is your cat-friendly?

Snape: It's nice to meet you too Harry. Yes, she's friendly, but she has a quick temper sometimes. Do you mind if we get right to business Mrs. Dursley?

Aunt Petunia: Yes, of course. Do you need any coffee or anything? Oh, please, sit.

Snape: No, no coffee, thank you. I should only be here for an hour. Do you remember what school Lilly went to?

Aunt Petunia: Yes, it was Hogwarts or something. She went there because of her magic. Why?

Snape: Well, after we graduated, I became a teacher there. The Headmaster would like to enroll Harry into our systems like Lilly and James and I were. Would you be willing to do that? It would benefit him more than you know.

Aunt Petunia: Can I have a few minutes to think about it? And don't say anything to my husband or son. They don't know about Lilly's ... gifts.

Snape: I won't tell them, but do you mind if I talk to Harry about his past and heritage? It might help him understand everything.

Aunt Petunia: Sure. I mean, yes, of course. Harry, will you bring Mr.Snape upstairs to your room so you can talk? I need to finish making breakfast and think.

Harry: Yes, Aunt Petunia. Follow me, Mr. Snape. My room is this way.

Harry led Severus up to his room.

Harry: You can sit wherever you want, sir.

Severus sat down on the chair in front of the desk by the window. Harry heard which way he went, and, in turn, made his way over to the bed and sat.

Snape: Thank you, Harry. I don't know if your Aunt told you about your parents, so I'd like to talk about them first, but if you get too uncomfortable, just tell me to stop, okay?

Harry nodded in understanding.

Snape: Okay. Your mother, Lily was part Veela, meaning she had special abilities, some that she couldn't control. Your father, James was born with the ability to turn into an animal at will. We call it an Animagus. An evil man, whose name we do not say, wanted your parents to join him in his terrible plans. When they refused, he illegally killed them, making you an orphan. Do you understand so far?

Harry nodded again, with tears in his brilliant green eyes. Snape's cat jumped onto the bed, having followed them upstairs, and comforted Harry as Severus continued to try to explain.

Snape: Now, because of your parents' abilities, you have them too. You inherited your mother's Veela abilities and your father's ability to turn into an animal. Since I can't teach you about being an Aniagus very well, I brought a friend that could. If you listen to her carefully, she can give you a quick lesson on everything you need to know about it. Are you prepared to do that?

Harry didn't know what to say. Could he change into an animal? Could his father do that? Making up his mind, Harry James Potter sat up a bit straighter and nodded.

Harry: Yes, I want to learn everything. I'm ready.