xPART 3x

It was the 20th of August, and Harry and Aunt Petunia were getting ready to leave when Uncle Vernon confronted them.

Uncle Vernon: Where in god's name do you think you're going, Boy?

Harry looked up at Aunt Petunia, silently pleading for help on how to answer.

Aunt Petunia: He's coming with me, Vernon. We need to go shopping for his school supplies. And his name is Harry, not "Boy". If you do not treat my sister's son kindly, and with respect, then he and I are moving out and we are getting a divorce. And I might just take Dudley with me. You're raising him to be a bully and I will not tolerate it any longer!

Uncle Vernon: B-but Petunia, dear; We already have his school uniform and he doesn't need any supplies. The school will provide all that for him.

Aunt Petunia: No, I'm not sending Harry to that wretched place. He's going to an older-fashioned school, the one James and Lilly went to growing up. At least there he will learn things that will be of use in the future.

Uncle Vernon: W-what's this school like, Petunia?

Aunt Petunia: It's a boarding school, Vernon. We won't see him all year except on vacations, so you should be happy I'm sending him there.

A car horn honked outside, telling Harry that Professor Snape was there to pick them up. He finished tying his shoelaces and placed his hand on the door handle, waiting for Aunt Petunia.

Harry: Auntie, it's time to go. He's here.

Aunt Petunia: Yes, of course. Coming, Harry. Got your shoes on?

Uncle Vernon: Wait, who is "he"? Where is he taking you?

Aunt Petunia: "He" is Harry's new professor. He's going to drive us to the shops where we need Harry's supplies from. Now, if you'll excuse us, we have to go.

Aunt Petunia and Harry walked out of the house and over to Snape's car. Aunt Petunia opened the backseat door for Harry and he scooted in and buckled up. Once they were both buckled, Snape drove away from the Dursley residence. They drove for half an hour before he parked the car.

Aunt Petunia: A pub? Um, are you sure this is the place?

Snape: Yes, I'm sure.

Aunt Petunia (Confused): But how are we supposed to get to the wizarding city from a pub? Besides, it's no place for a blind boy like Harry!

Snape: You'll see. Have some patience, Petunia.

The three of them got out and Harry felt a large, warm hand on his back. Harry smiled softly, feeling safer now that he knew that Severus cared about his safety and well-being. Harry felt himself being led across the street and through the pub. They exited the back of the pub and he felt Professor Snape's hand leave his back. The warmth was replaced by the sound of the tall male tapping on a brick wall in a pattern, then the hand was back. The sound of the bricks moving and Aunt Petunia's gasp had Harry curious. All he could hear were people talking and hundreds of feet tapping in so many directions.

Harry (Softly): What does it look like?

Neither of them answered for at least two minutes. Then Professor Snape spoke up.

Snape: There are hundreds, even thousands of people walking all over the place. The storefronts are all glass so the shoppers can see the displays and the buildings themselves are so many different colors that you'd lose count of them all. Everyone's arms are filled, and everyone is talking or laughing, some with friends from school, others with family.

Harry: That makes me nervous! What if I get lost?

Snape: You won't. Neither will your Aunt. I will keep a hand on each of you're shoulders this entire shopping trip, okay?