xPART 9x

~TIME SKIP TO HOGWARTS, after the Sorting Hat’s song~

McGonagall: I will call you up one at a time and you will be sorted into your respective houses. Longbottom, Neville.

Neville went up and sat on the stool. When the hat was placed on his head, it only took four seconds for it to decide where to put him.

Hat: Hufflepuff!

Blaise (Whispering to Hermione): Told you.

Hermione: Shhhh.

McGonagall: Zabini, Blaise.

Hat (Once in place): Slytherin!

Blaise smirked at Hermione as he went to the Slytherin table and sat down.

McGonagall: Granger, Hermione.

Hat (After 1.75 seconds): Ravenclaw!

McGonagall: Potter, Harry.

There were muffled whispers throughout the hall, as Harry took 2 hesitant steps forward. Castor, who had been quiet until then, spoke instructions to Harry.

Castor: Take three steps, lift your feet three more inches, and walk up four stairs.

Harry did as he was told.

Castor: Now take four more steps, turn around, and sit on the stool. It only comes up to mid-thigh on you, if I guessed right.

Harry followed these instructions as well, and, as usual, they were 100% accurate.

Mcgonagall (Whispering): How are you doing, Mr. Potter? Do you need any help?

Harry: No, I’ll be fine, thank you.

She nodded once in understanding and placed the hat on his head once he was seated.

Hat (Whispering to Harry): Well, you're an interesting one, aren’t you? I can see your desire to learn anything you can, that’s definitely a Ravenclaw trait, but there is also the want to protect and grow up with your friends and that’s certainly Hufflepuff. Which would you prefer Mr. Harry James Potter?

Harry: I don’t mind which. As long as it fits my life goals and lets me be myself, not interrupting the relationship between me and my friends. You can choose.

Hat: Hmm. A wise answer but still in between the two houses. Definitely not Slytherin or Gryffindor. I think I’ll put you in … Ravenclaw!

Harry beamed at no one in particular and let Castor guide him to sit next to Hermione at the Ravenclaw table.

Hermione: Yay, a familiar face! Now we can plan where and when to hang out with the boys! We can do everything together!

Harry (Very content with life right now): Mhmm!

The rest of the sorting went by pretty quickly and the only one the quartet cared about was Ronald Weasley. He was sorted into Gryffindor like the rest of his many older brothers. After that, the feast started and everyone began to eat. About halfway through his mashed potatoes, Harry felt Hermione nudge his arm. He turned to face the person behind him, who Castor told him was Professor McGonagall.

McGonagall: Mr. Potter, I believe we have an appointment at the Ministry tomorrow, yes? I trust you’ll want to tell your friends about it, unless you want them to panic when you’re gone half the day.

Harry: Oh, yes. I remember. I will tell them, Professor. Thank you for the reminder. When do we leave tomorrow?

McGonagall: After breakfast, so tell them before you make it to the Great Hall to eat.

Harry: I will. Thank you, Professor.

McGonagall walked back to her seat at the staff table and Hermione cocked her head in curiosity.

Hermione: What was that about, Harry?

Harry: I’ll tell you everything before breakfast tomorrow.

40 minutes later, everyone was done eating and was getting sleepy. Headmaster Dumbledore dismissed everyone to bed and the Head of Ravenclaw House led them to the Ravenclaw Tower. As they walked, the Ravenclaw students hatted and whispered amongst themselves until Professor Flitwick stopped in front of a big, beautiful wooden door, with a raven doorknocker. All talking ceased as their head of house activated the knocker and it began to speak.

Door: Where do vanished objects go?

Professor Flitwick: Oh, an excellent question! Now, first years to the front please, you’ll want to hear this.

All of the first years shuffled to the front of the group. Harry held onto Hermione’s arm so Castor wouldn’t get overwhelmed trying to lead Harry through the crowd. She didn’t mind so she didn’t say anything. As soon as the first years were in the front, Professor Flitwick explained about the passwords and the door.

Professor Flitwick: Now, as Ravenclaw’s, we have to exercise our brains once in a while. When Rowena Ravenclaw aided in building the castle, she enchanted the Ravenclaw Tower door to only let in the person or people who answer a given question or riddle correctly. Now then, let's have a first-year try this one.

He turned back towards the door.

Professor Flitwick: Do you mind repeating the question for our new students?

Door: Certainly. Where do vanished objects go?

Someone’s soft voice answered from Harry’s left. It was a girl, he found, with a pink and purple aura.

Girl (Luna): The answer is into everything. Well, into nonbeing really, which is to say into everything.

Door: Correct. Welcome, first years, to the Ravenclaw Tower.

Professor Flitwick: Well done, Miss. Lovegood! Five points to Ravenclaw for an excellent display of intelligence on the first night.

Flitwick ushered them all into the tower with an excited look on his friendly, bearded face. The look of awe on the first years’ faces was his favorite part of the first night.

Professor Flitwick: Welcome and welcome back to the magnificent Ravenclaw Tower of Hogwarts