xPART 14x

(A/N is at the bottom today.)

McGonagall: It's okay, Harry. Calm down, I'm right here for you.

Harry stumbled his way over to her and leaned against her side, giving a small whine.

Harry: I don't-

He stopped and snapped his eyes shut, furiously shaking his head like there was something on his head in between his ears that wouldn't let go.

Harry: I don't like this.

McGonagall looked at him, confused.

McGonagall: Why don't you like it?

Harry: It's too bright, too loud, and there's too many smells.

McGonagall: I know it's overwhelming but once we get back to the castle, it would be best if you practiced at least once a week to get used to it. How about we turn back to our human forms and we can get you legalized, then we can sit down and talk, okay? It's okay to be scared during your first few changes. I certainly was.

His eyes still closed, Harry nodded. She looked at him with eyes softer than they'd been in nearly two decades and licked his head in a comforting gesture. Stepping back, she gazed at him.

McGonagall: When you turn human again, you need to imagine yourself turning from a cat to a human, okay?

Harry nodded. McGonagall spun in a circle, putting more distance between her and Harry so she could transform. Five seconds later, she was on her feet as a human.

McGonagall: Your turn, honey.

He bowed his head and did as he was told, except, this time he didn't feel the tingly sensation he had before. Harry was getting anxious now and his claws extended and his fur puffed up a little. He started to subconsciously scratch the floor with his claws and his tail flicked in agitation. Scarlett felt the snake in her hand start to squirm but she only thought it was out of fear.

Harry yowled out his frustration and the snake nipped at Scarlett's hand. She yelped and dropped it out of surprise.

The snake transformed as it fell and turned into a fair-skinned boy with ruffled dark brown hair. The boy landed in a crouch, catching himself on his hands before he could fall forward. He scrambled forward before Scarlett could stop him and he crashed to his knees in front of the kitten.

McGonagall (Surprised): Castor? You're an animagus as well?

Castor completely ignored her and reached out for Harry.

Castor: Harry? Harry, you need to calm down. Only pay attention to me.

Harry meowed anxiously and his tail still flicked in an agitated way but he focused on Castor's face.

Castor: That's it, calm down. Breath slowly. Good, keep doing that.

Harry meowed pitifully and curled up on Castor's lap and just lay there while Castor stroked his fur and scratched under his chin gently.

Castor: It's okay. I know it's hard. Just relax for now. Getting stressed only makes it worse.

Scarlett (Whispering): I think I should go get another set of paperwork. Be right back, Professor.

McGonagall didn't reply. All of her attention was on the boys. Castor was still talking to Harry, mostly reassurance but some compliments and encouragement were scattered into the mix as well. This brought tears to her eyes.

Scarlett returned again, with another packet in her hand.

Scarlett: Well, are there any more surprise animagi that I need to know about before we get started again?

McGonagall: shook her head "no", not trusting her voice to not break if she were to speak.

Castor: Harry, it's time to try again. Come on. No, don't swat at me, you know I'm right. Don't you want to get back to the others?

McGonagall heard a feline grumble from Harry but saw him stand up from Castor's lap.

Castor: Are you feeling better, then? Want me to change with you?

Harry meowed and placed a paw on Castor's knee in response. Castor stood up too and a few seconds later there was a snake on the floor. He slithered back a little bit, flicked his tongue, and bobbed his scaled head. And so it began again.

(A/N: Hello, Darlings. Just a little warning: the next chapter has a little bit of fluff AND ANGST in it. Nothing too serious, just a more in-depth explanation of Castor's past with his past homes. There is a little part where they talk about the threat of death but it's not said aloud, it's more like an if-this-then-that-will-happen kind of thing. Love you Darlings so much, thank you for reading this far, and I'm glad you like it!)