xPART 4x

Harry’s eyes, which were once just bright green, were now green with large golden flecks. The golden flecks added a new and brighter gleam to Harry’s eyes. Snape sighed in relief.

Snape: It’s okay, Petunia. This is normal for someone like Harry.

Aunt Petunia: What do you mean “someone like Harry”? What's wrong with his eyes?

Snape: Harry is part Veela, meaning he was going to develop some sort of power to go along with his natural Veela charm anyway. What do the shapes look like, Harry?

Harry: A little like animals. That one is a rat, the one over there is a cat. But what's really weird is that they’re different brightnesses. The cat is brighter than the rat.

Snape: It's okay, Harry, I understand. You can see magical auras. You don’t need to be afraid of it; It’s not dangerous.

Harry: Okay. What about the pets? What should I choose?

Snape: Anyone you want. Would you rather it be furry or scaled?

Harry: Nice, not dangerous or poisonous, maybe cuddly, and easy to manage.

Snape: Smart boy. I’ll read you the cage tags as we go along. Where do you want to start?

Harry pointed at a black and white cat on the top shelf. He could care less about the color. though.

Harry: That one. Her Aura is a pretty yellow color and it gives off a strong glow.

Aunt Petunia: Arn’t the stronger aura’s going to be more dangerous?

Snape: Not always. Let's find out if she has defensive abilities.

Severus fiddled with the tag until he could read it.

Snape: Name-Charm, Abilities- Defensive, Personality- Loyal only to her favorite people, Hard to befriend, moody when she’s tired, hungry, or annoyed, Strong for her age.

Harry: No, not that one. What about the owl, 3 cages to the right? I can barely make out his aura but I can sort of see his shape.

Snape: Name-Argus, Abilities- Sharper eyesight than normal and owner/owl eye swap, Personality- Aggressively pecks anyone he doesn’t like, constantly curious about the mail, bites anyone who tries to touch him, including his owner.

Harry: Definitely not. And don’t touch the rat down two, one to the left. It’s sucking the magic right out of the snake below it.

Store Owner: It is?! Oh no, I’d better separate them right away.

While he did that, Harry gazed at the snake that the rat was feeding off of.

Harry: Uncle Sev, what does an orange aura mean?

Snape: I think orange means animal shapeshifter or maybe it means Animagaus. Minerva would know. You can ask her when you see her next.

Harry: Can you read the tag on the snake's cage?

Snape: Name-None, Abilities- Emotion Manipulation and Mind telepathy, Personality- Gentle, Playful, Cuddly, Independent, Wraps around your neck, wrist, or leg if he likes you, Doesn’t hunt for his food, Lays on your back and looks over your shoulder to read with you.

Harry: Open the cage. I want that one. Sir, did you receive the rat and this snake from the same place?

Store Owner: Yes, why? Is there something wrong with the snake?

Harry: No, but somethings not right. I think they were sent together for a reason. A bad one.

Snape: Are you sure that's the one you want, Harry?

He asked as he handed the snake to the boy. The poor thing sighed in relief and barely managed to wrap its tail around Harry’s wrist. Harry held his arm, and, therefore, the snake to his chest and gazed at the dark green patterned scales.

Harry: Yes, I’ve chosen. The snowy owl and this snake.

Snape: Very well, then. Here’s our money, Sir, and a few extra for the trouble.

Once they were in the car and on their way back to the Dursley house, and after Snape quizzes Harry and Petunia on the wizarding currency (they got all the questions right), Harry was able to give his snake all of his attention. He gently stroked the jade-green snake’s back, avoiding any visible scars that might make it bite him. The snake was indeed cuddly, as Harry found out when it tried to snuggle closer to his body, seeking more warmth.

Snape: Harry?

Harry: Yes, Uncle Sev?

Snape: I’m going to magically transport all of your school things and your pets to your room when we get there, okay? You might want to make a nest for your snake and feed him. Only two mice before breakfast and one after dinner. Monitor its health, habits, and feeding until we know more about it. Don’t forget to organize your trunks, and you can send me a letter with your owl if you have any questions or need help. Same goes for you, Petunia.

She nodded in understanding.

Aunt Petunia: I’ll do my best to keep Dudley and Vernon out of your room until you go to school, Harry, but I may have to say some nasty things to convince them. I want you to know, I will never actually mean them. I also want to say, I’m sorry for all those years when Dudley and Vernon bullied you. It shouldn’t have happened but I was weak-minded and didn’t do anything about it. I’m sorry.

Harry: It’s okay, Auntie.

Snape: Alright, we’re here.

Snape pulled into the driveway and parked the car.

Harry: Uncle Sev, can I carry my snake up myself?

Snape: Petunia?

Aunt Petunia: I don’t see the harm in it.

Harry: Thank you, Auntie.

Snape waved his wand and Harry’s school supplies vanished from the car.

Snape: Do you remember where to go to get to the train, Petunia?

Aunt Petunia: London Train Station, walk through the wall in between platforms 9 and 10 to get to 9 ¾.

Snape: Good. Now go inside. I’ll see you at school, Harry. I’ll send any letters to you, using Harry’s snowy owl and, if you need anything, Petunia, you send me a letter as soon as the owl arrives.

Aunt Petunia nodded and she and Harry got out and went inside. Severus sighed and started the car’s engine again. As he pulled out, Severus thought about Lilly, Harry’s mother.

Snape (thinking): Oh, Lilly, Harry has your beautiful green eyes. Don’t worry, my Lilly, I’ll protect him; for you.

Blind, Half-Veela Harry Potterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें