xPART 20x

Dinner was spectacular and there was indeed chocolate pudding for dessert. After the feast, everyone went back to their house common rooms to relax and do homework before going to bed. Harry and Hermione sat on the soft leather half-moon couch to talk. They meandered through several topics but when Animagi came up, Hermione remembered something.

Hermione: Hey, Harry? Didn't Castor say you were supposed to sleep as a cat tonight?

Harry groaned and dropped his head into his hands.

Harry: Yes. What time do you think I should go to my room, Cas?

Hermione guessed it was soon if Harry standing up was anything to go by.

Harry: Cas says the longer I sleep, the better I will feel tomorrow so he recommends within the hour.

Hermione (standing): Does that mean you're going to your room now? Can I come with you?

Harry smiled at her and nodded. 

Harry: Sure, you can come. I don't think we're doing anything special in there, though, so you might get bored. 

Hermione: If I'm being honest, I kind of just want to see your animgus form before I head to bed, too.

Harry: Don't forget curfew, though. We have to be in our rooms by 8 pm and lights out is at 9 pm.

Hermione: I know. I'm only staying to see you shift.

Harry: Ever so honest and straightforward, 'Mione.

Hermione flicked her hair and grinned.

Hermione: I try.

Harry laughs as they make their way to the boy's dormitory. There's that content feeling again.

Harry: Cas, if I forget, remind me to owl Aunt Petunia. I want to tell her everything that's happened so far.

Hermione: Aunt Petunia?

Harry: Mhmm. She's my mother's sister. She took me in when my parents died.

Hermione: Tell me about her.

Harry thought for a minute.

Harry: Well, she's tall and thin, for one. When she hears or looks at something she doesn't like she makes this face like she sucked a lemon, but she's been smiling more ever since I got my Hogwarts letter. She has a really nice smile. It makes her look a bit prettier, too, when she does it. Aunt Petunia is a strong woman, especially since she lives with Vernon and raised me and my cousin. 

Harry sighed.

Harry: She hasn't always been nice to me, though.

Hermione was a bit confused. Her brows furrowed and her steps paused before starting back up barely a second later.

Hermione: What do you mean?

Harry: Vernon, my Uncle, is abusive, and my cousin, Dudley, is a bully. When Vernon used to hit me or verbally abuse me, Aunt Petunia would just stand by and watch.

Hermione (gasping): She did what?!

Harry: Please, don't get too mad at her. She was scared of what he would do to her if she intervened.

Hermione: But-

Harry: No, Hermione. It's fine, really. Besides, let's leave this conversation for another time; we're here.

Sure enough, they now stood in front of the door to the room Harry shared with Terry, Sebastian, and Anthony.

Hermione: Do you want me to get the door for you?

Harry: No, it's fine. I need to learn where the handle is anyway. Cas?

There was a faint hissing and Harry gave a short nod before reaching for the handle. They entered the room to see the other three boys already there. They exchanged greetings and Hermione joined Harry on his bed. Castor slipped off Harry's shoulders and instead coiled in his lap, sighing.

Harry sighed as well.

Harry: I guess I should shift now, huh?

A/N: This was another shorter part, I know, and the next two are just as short, if not shorter, but we get some cute scenes and some fluff so I think that makes up for it a little bit. I haven't posted for this story in a while so I have plenty more parts to post for you all, I promise. I write these stories in little hand-sized notebooks whenever I have time and I moved onto the second one not too long ago, if you can believe it. After the fluff and cute scenes, however, there is some angst. I won't say any more than that though. I don't like to spoil things, but it is hard sometimes. Anyway, see you in the next part, Darlings!