xPART 26x

Blaise: What did you two talk about that made Harry so mad?

Terry: Yeah, he looked furious. Is everything alright, Anthony?

Anthony paused, his forkful of eggs halfway to his mouth. He lowered it back toward his plate and pursed his lips for a moment before speaking.

Anthony: I told him that my parents did not like something I told them over the summer and that they wished for me to stay elsewhere next summer, so they could process. I do not wish to go into detail.

Terry: Oh, okay, I guess. I hope things go well.

Sebastian: We will respect your wishes and not pry.

Neville: I agree. If you ever need something, just owl me, and I'll try my best to help, alright?

Blaise: Me too. If you need a place to hunker down, I can have a spare room ready for you if you ever need it.

Anthony: Thanks, guys. That means a lot.

Hermione: Now that that's settled, Anthony needs to finish eating lest Harry finds out.

Neville shivered in mild fear.

Neville: Yes, please. I don't want to see Harry mad any longer than necessary.

Anthony nodded and stood up to grab the pitcher of juice from further down the table. He turned around to return to his seat with it and someone ran full force into his side, mid-turn. The juice sloshed all over Anthony's robes and face as he fell to the floor.

Anthony sat back on his knees as he stared up at Ronald Weasley, who was glaring down at him furious. Ronald's face steadily turned bright red as he then glanced at the bottom of his robes in disgust. Three inches of the bottom of his robes was splashed with the contents of the pitcher. As soon as Anthony opened his mouth to apologize, Ronald started yelling.

Ronald: You absolute git! You just ruined my cleanest robes! How dare you! Are you a stumbling Mountain Troll or something?!

Ronald kept yelling profanities and insults as he stomped his feet in the puddle around the two of them. Anthony's mouth slowly closed and his eyes went unfocused and glazy as Ronald shouted. And then his hearing became muffled. That wasn't good.

Flashback~

Anthony was back at his parents' manor, sitting on the floor, with the pieces of a shattered vase scattered behind him. After he had told his parents about his sexuality, neither of them had taken kindly to it. He'd seen their expressions darken and had promptly excused himself, making it into the next room before the vase hit him on the right side of the back of his head. He'd fallen forward and barely caught himself with his hands. Anthony sat there for almost forty minutes, just staring at the floor, before he was hauled up by the back of his clothes by his father, his vision spinning and with black spots.

Flashback ended~

The flashback ended and Anthony could see the puddle of orange juice in front of him. Ronald had quieted his shouting but he was still spitting rude comments and threats. 

Anthony didn't see Blaise run up to him but he could see him out of the corner of his eye as the Slytherin boy knelt next to him, the others following soon after. Anthony couldn't hear past the buzzing of his ears but he could read lips a little bit. Blaise had exaggerated his movements as he waved in front of Anthony's face to get his attention and then spoke.

Blaise: Anthony, nod if you can hear me.

Anthony furrowed his brow but slowly nodded.

Blaise: Okay, that's good. I know you didn't finish your food but I think we can make an exception, considering the circumstances. Are you okay with that?

Hesitating, Anthony nodded again. Blaise smiled a little.

Blaise: Okay. The others are going to take you back to your dorm. Come on, up you get.

Blaise held out both arms for Anthony to take and hauled him up. Anthony struggled to speak, his tongue feeling too thick in his mouth.

Anthony: Can... you come?

Blaise blinked in confusion. Was he serious? (A/N: Ha, get the joke? I'm so funny.)

Blaise: You want a Slytherin in your common room?

Anthony nodded. Blaise stammered out his next response, his face already turning a light pink.

Blaise: Um, sure. Is that okay with the rest of you?

Terry: Of course! You're our friend.

Sebastian: I don't have a problem with it, as long as you don't start a fight in the common room.

Hermione: Especially because there are some very expensive books there.

Almost everyone looked at her. Anthony's eyes had dropped to the floor once more. Hermione caught the stares thrown her way and scoffed, rolling her eyes.

Hermione: What? I value the books just as much as the next person, so don't give me those looks. Also, I think it is safe to let Neville come too. It's only fair if Blaise can come in as well.

Terry: She's right. I think Neville should come too. He's our friend, after all.

Sebastian: Yes, that's fine. We should go now. People are still staring.

Blaise looked down at Anthony, who hadn't let go of his arms yet and noticed his discomfort. He pulled him a little closer. Anthony made no sound.

Blaise: Come on guys. Let's go.

The group walked out of the Great Hall, Sebastian leading, Blaise and Anthony following, the former nearly holding all of the latter's weight. Hermione and Terry flanked the two and Neville scurried after them.

A/N: So, in order to make this part longer than it was supposed to be originally, I had to combine two of the prewritten parts. By prewritten, I mean that I wrote all of the previous chapters over the past two years and I'm just now putting them on Wattpad. I've had to take several breaks for school, chores, homework, and to just give my poor, tired hands a break from typing. At the moment, I have a total of 29 prewritten chapters, 26 of which are posted now. I'll try to keep writing during my free time so please don't rush me. If I'm rushed, then my creative mind gets a bit stressed and I can't write. I usually only do fanfictions, but I'm currently working on another project that requires a lot more details and attention than fanfictions do, so I'll have to distribute my time between them. On a side note, I will not be putting that story on Wattpad. I only do that for practice and advice on my writing. I'm rambling, so I'll stop. See you in the next part, Darlings!