xPART 24x

The two Ravenclaw boys hadn't noticed, but there were many pairs of eyes on them during the entire conversation, some of them from the staff table on the dais. Professors Flitwick, Snape, McGonagall, Sprout, and Dumbledore to be specific.

Professor Sprout: It's so sweet that he cares for their health. I'm so glad that Harry has made friends from other houses. It makes me feel fuzzy on the inside.

Professor Snape: I would encourage my snakes to do the same but Minerva's lions tend to discriminate, bully, and belittle them whenever they try to be civil or friendly.

Professor McGonagall: Perhaps your snakes should mind their mouths around my lions then, Severus.

Professor Flitwick: To this day, I do not understand this rivalry between your two houses, let alone the two of you.

Professor McGonagall: That might be because Rowena Ravenclaw was too smart to start schoolwide rivalries.

Professor Sprout: And Helga was too kind to get involved with it other than to keep Salazar and Godric from accidentally killing one another.

Professor Dumbledore: Oh? Is Mr. Potter not having any breakfast himself?

Professor Flitwick: Pardon? He's forgoing breakfast?

Sure enough, Harry Potter was leaving the Great Hall with nothing but a piece of buttered toast, which he was nibbling on as he walked. Severus watched his adoptive nephew go with a strange look in his eyes. A look that Dumbledore couldn't quite read.

Professor Flitwick: Perhaps I should check on the boy later.

Severus had decided.

Professor Snape: I will accompany you.

Professor Sprout: You, Severus? How does the little Potter interest you? I did not think you liked getting close to a student, let alone one not in Slytherin.

Severus scoffed at her statement.

Professor Snape: That boy is my nephew. I care more about him than I do my own life. He will always be my first priority.

The four professors gapped at him, shocked. Was this really the Severus Snape they had known since he was eleven?

Professor Snape: furthermore, if I act like I don't care for Harry, I wish for someone to perform the countercurse for the imperious on me because I will most likely not be in control. Preferably Filius. Now, if you'll excuse me-

Severus stood up and straightened his robes as his plate vanished from the table, courtesy of the house elves. 

Professor Snape: I have classes to prepare for.

And with that, Severus walked out of the Great Hall as well, the gapping teachers silent as they watched him go. McGonagall spoke up first.

Professor McGonagall: Does anyone else know when Severus practically adopted Harry Bloody Potter as his nephew? Because I sure as bloody hell don't.

A/N: Ooooooooo, Minerva McGonagall is swearing! I love that part. I also love the scene in Deathly Hallows where McGonagall says "Boom!" in the second part. OMG, and the arguing between her and Umbridge in The Order of the Phoenix! *Chefs kiss* Amazing. Anyway, see you in the next part, Darlings!