Chapter 10.

I spent hours trying to contact Alex that I eventually went looking for her but when I came back home I saw a note on my kitchen counter which read.

"Dear Zoey, I've decided to pack and head back home. What you said did hurt me but I was meaning to leave anyway, it's unsafe there and I've got a much better life back home. Take care, Alex."

I texted her back saying I was sorry and everything and that I've seen the note, but I didn't get a response. By the time I've seen the letter, Q was home so I texted him saying she went back home, Right after I clicked send I got a drastic call from Jeffery and before long I was on my way to my grandmas house, I've told Q to take care of Cooper for a couple of days while I was gone.

My grandma wasn't feeling well and she was looking paler than ever atleast that's what I heard from Jeffery. I swear if there's another death in my family I'm going to freak, why can't my life just have a couple of good things in it without something bad happening after. It took forever to get to her house since there was traffic and it was 7 pm. Why is everyone driving at night and where were they even going?

I arrived at the house and took my 1 suitcase that I packed and left it by the door and ran to my grandmas room. She was lying in bed with an iv stand connected to her arm while Jeffery was helping her eat.

"Oh grandma." I said walking over to her

"Hi Zoey dear." She barely said

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine don't worry."

"You don't look fine.."

"I should say the same about you..... I'm only kidding."

"Jeffery can I talk to you out in the hall for a second?"

"Sure thing Miss Zoey."

We stepped out into the hall and closed the door.

"Do you know what exactly is wrong with her?"

"To be fair she is not the youngster she used to be."

"I guess it's just her time." Tears started to form

"You've still got me and I'm sure you have other family members out there somewhere."

"I don't know where though and it's fine. I have my fiancé, his friends, Hailey, and you. That's basically all I need."

"Come with me to the kitchen, I don't want her to over hear this..."

We stepped into the kitchen further away from her room.

"I know you have seen this will before but I just want you to remember that she left everything to you. She was a rich woman and you know that means you have millions in your name now."

"I know but why are you mentioning this?"

"Don't do anything stupid with this money, keep it for yourself or hey maybe build a new house for you and your family with it, you can tear down this mansion if you wish, but your grandma has one dying request. She has told me to not ever sell the ranch. Those horses mean a lot to her and your mother as well. Never sell them."

"Jeffery I've never even thought about it. Thank you, but wait where will you be living once she's... Gone?"

"I'd have to find a new employer miss."

"Oh Jeffery please no.... Wait why don't you just work for me?"

"You won't need me."

"Yes I do! Please I'll even give you a raise!"

"I don't know..."

"Please."

"Very well, let's go back and see how your grandma is."

We walked inside and as soon as I was about to open my mouth to tell her something, the line went dead and so was she. I didn't cry as much as I did when my mom and dad died but I did cry a little. She was the only biological family member left.. atleast the only one I knew, but it was her time.

We buried her next Wednesday and I was stuck with all the paper work. I transferred all her money to my bank account so it wouldn't be separated. A month after I then made the biggest decision I've ever made and decided to sell my grandma's mansion. Jeffery of course helped me decide where all her stuff went, I took most of it back home with me while the others we threw out or donated.

The ranch stayed of course and so did the workers there. Jeffery packed up and is going to be living with me for now. While all that happened I did get that job at Starbucks and today was my second day working there. After explaining all of this to Hailey, Q, and the other guys I was done with all the hard work.

___________________________

Sorry for this short chapter I just wanted to move the story along a little bit. So it's kind of a descriptive chapter.

Thanks so much for all the reads, comments, and votes! Please follow me and share this story! ily! ❤️