fourteen : : dragons

Y/NS POV:

Storming down the halls the next day I stop by my brother grabbing him by the shoulder dragging him with me. "What the fu-" I quickly interrupt him, "Shut it. We're talking to Cedric about the badges." I let go of his shoulder letting him follow along on his own. 

Passing Malfoy I turn him into a ferret before he can say anything stupid, and then slam my fist against the bench Diggory's sat on. The bunch look at me shook, majority of them unsure who I am, the rest only just realising I still exist. "What is wrong with you!? Is this really what you call 'taking care of him'!?" I ask furious. Harry stands back awkwardly, staring at ferret-boy, then staring at Diggory and I. Cedric looks at him confused before looking back at me. "Listen I," He sighs pausing. "Could we maybe do this somewhere else?" I roll my eyes looking at the table of people staring at us. "Fine.." I say, my voice trailing off slightly. 

The three of us go to the viaduct away from people. "I 'm sorry about the badges, I did ask for people to take them off but they didn't listen," He says. "Clearly," I say aggrivated. "It's fine, really. Though we have bigger problems," Harry pipes up. "Like what?" I ask turning to him. "Dragons," He states. "Dragons?" Cedric asks. Harry nods, "That's the first challenge." My eyes widen. "That couldn't possibly be safe," I say now focused on something else. "It's not," Harry confirms. Even more angry I yell at Harry storming off, "If you get your ass killed I'm dragging you back from hell myself!"

Hands in my pocket I walk up to the astronomy tower climbing up onto the roof. As I stand there contemplating I notice a figure by the lake. I recognise the stunning brown curls and smile a bit. Looking down at him I wonder how he'll cope with the dragons. He turns his head looking up at my direction and I hide behind the turret. Suddenly I feel someone grab my shoulder, and spooked my foot slips falling off nearly falling off the edge. Someone had caught me.

 I look up at Riddle breathing heavily. "I knew one of us would fall up here." "Fuck, you scared me," I state. He chuckles slightly, helping me up. "How'd you even get up here?" I ask. He simply smiles and looks away, "Doesn't matter." I roll my eyes no-longer caring. "I'm gonna start charging you a galleon each time you do that," He says. "Do what?" I ask. "Roll your eyes, you do it alot y'know." I roll my eyes again and he actually sticks his hand out. My jaw drops slightly before quickly coming up with a better Idea, "How about instead, I give you a hint." "A hint?" He asks. "Yes. A hint. About the first challenge." "Alright, you're on," Riddle says smiling at me.

I pause for a moment thinking about what I'm going to say. "Dangerous, Fire-breathing, Giant," I describe. "You're joking!?" He asks. I shake my head lightly. "How is Hogwarts allowing this?" He asks holding his head. "Good luck I guess," I say bluntly. "Good luck? Really?" He asks. "Oh sorry, were you expecting a pep talk? There's no nice way of putting this, and besides you don't have to accept it you just have to believe it and move on I guess."

__________

Shaking I take my seat watching over the arena. Once again my breathing's gone heavy. I look around as signs are waved and merch is sold. Stacey is sat by me, and Thena sat by her, meanwhile the twins were off making bets somewhere. My heart is pounding as I watch each of them compete. Though of course out of the five dragons my brother managed to get the Hungarian Horntail. Cedric got the Swedish short-snout, Riddle got a Antipodean Opaleye, Fluer got a Norwegian Ridgeback,and finally Krum got the Chinese Fireball. I was glad that by the end of it nobody died that day.

As a result of 0 Deaths an exclusive Egg reveal party's being planned. Apparently it's meant to be exclusive and invite-only, though I highly doubt it's 'exclusive' at all seeing as I got invited. My breathing still funky from the panic Harry put me through I don't plan on going and sit it on the end of my bed. Stacey gives me a concerned look.

"What?" I ask her. "What do you mean 'What'?" She responds. "What's the look for?" "What look?" She continues deflecting. "Just tell me." "Are you... Okay...... after..... I don't know... maybe watching your brother get almost-eaten?" "You have eyes use them," I state still really on edge. "Right... so.... You don't think.... that a party.... may or may not be a good way to distract yourself from it?" She asks eyeing up our invites.

AUTHORS NOTE

Yeah okay.... Ik... It's kinda shit. But welcome to your badass era you may or may not be seeing more of this soon <3

NEXT CHAPTER : IDK

CHAPTER INSPO : THE NEED TO FINALLY USE THE TERM 'FERRET-BOY' otherwise none :')