twenty eight : : back soon

MATTHEOs POV:

I sigh looking up at the maze. Cracking my neck I enter confident. There was a secret exit near the side where I'm meant to escape to before apparating. I ignore the filled bleachers and focus myself. Clearing my mind before entering the maze.

We soon begin and I find myself rushing through the maze, and as time creeps up on me I only stop as I notice Diggory. I begin to stare Cedric in the eye as the maze starts to consumes him. With Harry close behind me I hurriedly continue my path, soon losing the pair, and before I know it I find myself at the exit. 

Quickly I apparate looking around clueless, though I soon spot one of the others. We're all masked so I try to figure out which has a cracked one to find Y/n.  Approaching the death eater I pause. I tremble in fear slightly as Potter drops to the floor in pain, and in a blink of an eye, the Hufflepuff dies. Right before my eyes. I stop breathing for a moment. Suddenly a pair of arms wrap around me, clinging to me. I exhale looking down at her. I have to be strong. For her.

After snapping out of it I fix her hood and hurry her back to where she was stood. I take her hand and we scurry over to behind a statue where Harry had been pinned against. Letting go of her hand she hides, burrying half her face in her knees. It hurt to see her so scared. I try to get a glimpse of what's happening, Poking my head around the statue. Silently I stare at my nose-less father for a moment. He's become more of a monster...

Y/n creeps up behind me, watching over my shoulder as the pair begin to duel. She begins to wonder off and I quickly catch up to her. "Y/n wait-" I call out as she speeds ahead. Standing behind a cluster of death eaters she draws her wand. Quickly I reach out to he wrist taking her wand away from her. I cannot have her getting hurt over some pathetic 'chosen one'.

She lifts her mask and I do the same. "Give it back," She demands glaring into my eyes. I stare at her with nothing but pity and fear. "You're going to get yourself killed," I say, my eyes beginning to water. She comes closer, cupping my cheeks. "In that case..." She says, continuing to rub my cheeks, though pausing to look at the ground. "Remember me," She says, a single tear falling from her cheek. Unexpectedly she grabs her wand and runs for it, pushing others out of the way. 

Y/Ns POV:

Swarms of people began heading to the maze. Quietly I slipped away from the crowds, hiding under the bleachers while I got changed into my cloak and mask. Grabbing the other Portkey, I find myself stood behind a pillar in a weird-looking graveyard. There were already other Death eaters here. Most of which doubted the Dark Lords return, yet feared him enough to show up.

Those with doubts were the bunch who never attended the meetings. To be fair there were very few who went to those. 

Quietly waiting behind a tombstone I try not to draw attention to myself. The only one who knew I was a Death Eater was Bellatrix, which always adds to peoples confusion. That aside, I plan to remain the only unknown member. It'll make it easier to avoid a messy escape from it all.

As time passes my Brother and Cedric finally make an appearance. I remain hidden waiting for Mattheo to show up. He isn't allowed to take his mask off as it'd be too incriminating should the boys survive, which he reassured me they'd be fine.

My breathing begins to get heavy and I shake nervously as I hear my brothers squeaky groan in pain. I freeze as I hear Pettigrews next words. "Avada Kedavra." My heart sinks as I hear Harry cry Cedrics name. I lift my mask needing a moment to breathe. A tear rolls down my face. I look up to one of the death eaters who's also frozen, watching as everything takes place. I assume it's Riddle, and quickly put my mask back on, rushing to him, wrapping my arms around him. He looks down at me snapping out of it. "Hurry on, back to where you were," Riddle says fixing my hood. I nod holding his hand as we hide behind the statue my Brother's currently trapped by, and opposite Diggorys corpse. I face forward, unwilling to look at a dead body.

Trying to remain silent I choke back tears as I slowly turn my head. Voldemort turns Cedrics face with his crusty feet. My eye twitches as anger brews and sadness grows, though I quickly stop to hold my breath as he acknowledges Harry. Slowly exhaling I look over to the two.

The pair begin to duel and I notice my chance to hurry over to the other Death eaters. "Y/n! Wait-" Mattheo follows after me. Rushing over to the lot, I stand near the back with my wand out.  Riddle grabs a hold of my wrist, snatching my wand away from me. I lift my mask, as does he. 

"Give it back," I demand glaring into his eyes with nothing but the thought of death. "You're going to get yourself killed," He says tearing up. My eyes begin to water. I raise my hands to his face, rubbing his cheek. "In that case..." I pause looking to the floor, resting my hand on his shoulder, and his on my head. "Remember me," I say quickly grabbing my wand back. I sprint off towards the pair, pushing others out of the way.

Suddenly a dome surrounds the pair and I'm caught in the barrier. My soul soon escapes. My lifeless body glowing a bright white, dissolving upwards. I find myself stood next to Harry, Cedric and my parents, helping him escape Voldemort. Upon noticing my face he stares at me confused for a moment. "I'll be back soon, just.... focus," I force a smile knowing what I said may be the biggest lie known to all of magics-kind. Those surrounding him all say their piece before we all vanish.

AUTHORS NOTE

So I may or may not have jinxed it-

definatley

not

early...... like..... at all.    sorryyyyyy

Next chapter: A week hopefully... or maybe two.....

Chapter inspo: .