eighteen : : flashcards

Y/NS POV:

Tensions have been high since the last challenge, especially considering the dark lords resurrection coming up soon. I have to be there when he's back. There's a meeting tonight about it, Bellatrix sent an owl informing me she'd be there. She's been sneaking in and out of Azkaban unnoticed a lot recently, I'm not sure how she's done it but I'm glad. She's always looked out of me, it's super out-of-character but people ignore it out of fear and admiration.

An owl appeared at the window and I assumed it was another from Bella but as I noticed the stamp and suddenly it seemed unlikely. I gently stroked the feathers of the bird before taking the letter from its grasp. I inspected the stamp for a moment. It seemed familiar, though it looked a bit like the Illuminati symbol.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Y/n Potter,

It's been awhile since I last wrote to you. I must inform you I have tried, though it's important you know this now more-so than ever. Something big's about to happen so I urge you to find and destroy them. You're brother knows more, but until then enjoy the yule ball, and once again I must remind you to keep an eye on your professors.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes widen realising the yule ball was coming up. I sit the letter down deciding I'd deal with it later. Slowly I made my way to the great hall, my eyes still widened in shock. "You look like you've seen a ghost," Thena states as I sit down. "Do you remember the last goblet of fire during first year?" I ask looking up at the lot, my eye twitching. "Oh god no," Trix sighs.

________

"Mister Weasley will you join me please?" Asks Professor Mcgonnagall. Everybody chuckles a little as Ron and the Professor dance. "Put my hand where!?" Ron exclaims. Everybody continues to chuckle, until being asked to join in. "C'mon! On your feet," The twins say in unison. Stacey and I reluctantly stand, rolling my eyes as we do so. Fred takes my hand, and George takes Trix's. I never truly enjoyed dancing. Having two left feet didn't help that passion. Luckily we didn't dance for long, I'm not sure my foot would've coped if we had.

As soon as the song ended I curtsied and thanked Fred for the dance, laughing slightly. The four of us walk out straight to the library to study for our upcoming O.W.L. It's so unfair how they put these events so close together. 

"Can you go through the flashcards one more time?" Stacey asks. "We went through them 3 times already though," I complain. Stacey rolls her eyes, "George you say them then." Stacey and George have been getting really close recently, I ship them. The pair go through the flashcards again as I get up to look through the books. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice George giving Fred a look, before he soon approaches me. "Y/n?" Fred asks. "Yeah..?" I ask turning to him. "I... I.. Will you.." He stutters nervously. I feel my heart racing scared of what he'll say next. He sighs, "Will you please get Stacey to stop with the flashcards, I think she knows them well enough." I let out a breathe, and for some reason I felt.... Relieved?

I smile a bit, "Absolutely." Quickly I grab a random potions book and we walk back to the table. Fred shakes his head slightly and George looks to him disappointed, whilst Staceys doing that disappointing face that screams 'God, I knew it but i-refuse-to-be-a-bitch-and-say-i-told-you-so'.

Knowing exactly what all this is about I sit the book down on top of the flashcards and make an excuse to leave. It wasn't long till I had to get ready for the meeting anyway.

Quietly I wander down the halls thinking about this mornings letter, though I quickly snap out of it as I bump into Nott. "Shit," I mumble trying to hide the pain in my foot.  He looks me up and down and scoffs, "You honestly need to get your eyes checked so you can finally see where you're going." "Gee sorry smart-ass, didn't mean to ruin your pretty-little-shoes," I respond. I notice him tighten his fist as he hands his cigarette to Berkshire. I take a step back, backing into Mattheo. 

"Y/n?" He looks at me confused. Nott backs down and I turn around to look at Riddle properly and he kind of just stares at me confused. I blink and slip away from the three hurrying down the hallway. I could feel the angry and confused glares as I scurried away.

AUTHORS NOTE

Idrk if I've got anything to say tbh..... BUT LIKE........ FRED  😭

next chapter.. 0 - 4 days

chapter inspo... still none