Twenty four : : No Running

Waking up the next morning I felt conflicted. Sleeping with Mattheo after feeling guilty of friend-zoning him wasn't exactly what I'd planned. I turned to look at him and check if he was awake yet. I smile moving a curl from his face as he looked so peaceful. Kissing him on his forehead I get up to get changed before realising I'd shown up in a poofy-ass dress. I sigh going through his drawers slipping into a baggy t-shirt of his. It was massive, almost touching my knees. "Honestly I think you look better in my clothes," He says, somehow managing to insult and compliment me at the same time. "How long have you been awake for?" I ask. "Longer than you" He states proudly, as a smirk grows on his face. 

"Jack-ass!" I yell throwing a pen I'd found on the floor. It would've taken out his eye had he not caught it. I turn back to the chest of drawers taking out a pair of sweatpants. "Can I take these?" He squints his eyes for a moment. "Only if you come back and let me be little spoon for once." I merely blink. "Alright..?" I quickly slither over beside him, playing with his hair as we lay down. "You really are a big softie Riddle," I chuckle. "Fuck off," He says. I roll my eyes before continuing, "It's cute."

After awhile the door handle begins to turn scaring me. We both sit up to watch the door. I sigh resting my head on his shoulder. "I guess that's my queue." I turn to give him a kiss but once again turn my cheek. I chuckle at him before he grabs my chin forcing a proper kiss. Flustered I slowly back away from the bed as he smirks at me. I quickly grab the sweats quickly pulling them on as I leave.

Climbing out the window I stumble across the roof still somewhat flustered. I bang on the window before it finally opens thanks to Stacey. "Tell. Me. Everything." "Maybe after I get into the actual dorm," I remind her as she blocks my entrance. Trix hurries over to the side as I climb into the room and flop onto my bed.

_________

"Told you so," She says. "What do you mean 'told you so'!?" I complain. "You should always listen to me. Hungover or not." I roll my eyes. "Is the whole 'part 2' thing the only part you recall from all this?" "Well no of course not, I just think your overthinking and need reminding who knows more." I sigh as we walk down to breakfast still obsessing over this. 

Sitting down I find myself surrounded by other students and newspapers. Stacey and I exchange a look, both of which screaming 'what in the wizarding world is happening'. Soon the bunch disperse slightly as my Brother approaches slamming a news paper on the table. I look up at him, then down to the paper. "Fucking Skeeter-" I mumble to myself. He then slams the old paper down from the last time Mattheo and I had appeared in the daily prophet. "When were you going to tell me!?" He yells. I sit up and walk out of the room. Some of the students follow me down the halls.

 I walk for a little bit before Riddle passes me, with Nott and Berkshire on either-side of him, hiding from the students following him too. As he passes he winks at me causing the students to get louder and yell more. I try to hide my smile and speed up, our eyes still watching each other, as we start to run for it.

Bolting down the corridor I'm stopped by Professor Mcgonagall and the students following me back off. "Miss Potter!" I look up at her nervously. "No Running in the halls. How many times must I tell you students!?" She scoffs. As she's walking off I watch her dismissing the cluster of students.

Once I'm far enough I begin to run again and one of the students notice. They all start to run after me again and I can already tell Professor Mcgonagall had just let out the biggest sigh in existence. Before they could catch up I turn the corner and run into the Room of Requirements. I look around at the empty room for a moment. The perfect hiding spot.

AUTHORS NOTE

OK... SO.... YES.... I DID START ANOTHER STORY.... BUT I PROMISE I WILL FINISH THIS ONE..... bc i love mattheo too ok i promise <333

Next Chapter: Literally any time between now and next week istg

Chapter inspo: Some random tiktok I found ngl-