twenty nine : : that's impossible

MATTHEOs POV:

A sharp pain begins to make my heart ache. I stand there frozen as I watch her body disintegrates. It was as painful as a stake to the heart. Harry won the duel, though that doesn't matter anymore. Father was fuming though that doesn't seem to matter anymore either. For once I was close enough to protect her, no longer forced to admire from a distance. I failed. I remember the years of teasing and tension. We finally met half way, only for her to reach the end?

Father noticed me standing there crushed. I looked defeated, though in his eyes he saw pity. I felt no such thing towards him. "Do you share me sorrow in defeat son-?" He questions inching closer. I swallow my tears, raising my head slightly. "It's been... so..... so... long, my son," He says, slowly pulling me into an embrace. As he pulled away from me I stared at his snake-like eyes for a moment. I begin to question how many times he's dodged death. I begin to question if he could undo hers.

________

HARRYs POV:

Days have passed though I refuse to leave my dorm as I mourn Cedric's death. He didn't have to die. Though that begs the question. Could she be dead too?

Y/n. She appeared beside me though she can't be dead, that's impossible.

Taking a deep breath I use this as my motivation to keep going. I begin to whizz around the room as a knock is heard. Dismissively I call out, "I'm a bit busy." Rushing around I hear Hermione's voice and I pause. "You can't stick around here forever," she states. My eyes watching the door carefully, unsure if I should ask her for help.

Standing outside the door I hear her sigh, and her footsteps softening slowly as she inches away. I sigh upset for her slightly. Hesitantly I open the door calling out for her, "Hermione!" I signal for her to come here. She looks at me concerned at my confidence. "I need your help." She raises a brow.

After plenty of convincing she rolls her eyes grabbing my wrist. A few watch and laugh at the sight of me being practically dragged over to the Girls dormitories. It was humiliating though seemed to raise moral. Despite that Ron stared unassumingly, still fairly annoyed. Reaching Y/n's dorm Mione finally releases my arm, exhaling with relief, before tensing up again. Her eyes travelled between mine and the door.

I open the door, before looking over to her. She merely shook her head. I sigh before continuing through. I look around, her roommate nowhere to be seen. Quietly I inspect her walls, admiring the different posters she'd salvaged from the Dursleys house. I smile a little before making my way to her desk. It was messy. Papers everywhere and overdue homework left half finished.

Furrowing my brows I stare for a moment confused. I wasn't sure where I'd seen it. A thud at the window frightens me, and suddenly I'm drawn out of my thoughts. Quickly I grab the handful of papers and rush out the door, hurrying Hermione along with me as I exit. She doesn't question it, though quickly picking up the letter I'd dropped.

Taking the hoard of papers we quickly dump it into a bag before making our way to the library. Puffed we both take a moment to breathe before she finally comes back to her senses, firing questions like spells in a duel. "Why did you run? Did something happen? Was she there?" She asks. "Doesn't matter, I found something," I say grabbing the bag.

"Where are you going now!?" She yells at me as I speed out of the common room. On my way out I knock into Ron. Stopping to look at him for a moment. He didn't seem as angry. He almost seemed confused. After the slight pause I continue to push past him, wandering out the door.

________

Sitting myself down at the library I begin to look through the bag picking up the letters with stamps on it. Luckily Hermione had picked up the one I'd dropped. There were only two, but I looked through the rest of the pile just in case.

Opening the letters I read through them. There wasn't a date, nor was there a signature. Just a stamp. Reading one I scrunch up my face at the line 'petty little brother'. Acknowledging the warnings I begin to think where and who the notes came from.

AUTHORS NOTE

Okkkkk sooooooo yes. It's very late. But I'm also very busy. But I also just re-planned the ending because I trailed off alot... ALSO THERE IS INSPO FOR SOME OF IT AHAHAAHAHHA